Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The best covers band ever. FACT!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

After a rather liquid evening in a part of Hong Kong called Lan Kwai Fong, an evening with free booze from 2100 to 2300 (hence my inebriated state as I type this!) we retired to a bar called Amazonia in Wan Chai.

Apart from the marvellous amusement of drunken westerners falling for the “freelancers” working the place (Those dances are going to cost you, chaps!) I was treated to the finest display of rock covers I have ever heard. Simply incredible.

The band are called Ice Box and they played the best set of covers I have ever heard! Ranging from some complex prog like Rush, through pomp and silliness of Queen, some Aerosmith, a little Journey, some Skid Row, a soupcon of Led Zep, etc. etc. etc. All played in with more panache and style than should be possible!

The lead guitarist even managed to play, note for note and with some elan, some Van Halen and Pink Floyd.

If you are ever in Hong Kong, go to Amazonia and rock your socks off, these guys deserve it!

Napalm
    Free Member

Well I’ve been educated, thank you CF.

And I thought that this was going to be about Oasis being the best Beatles cover band of all time.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh god, sounds awful.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rewski
    Free Member

The best covers band ever. FACT! FUCT!

Fixed that for you. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘The best covers band ever. FACT!’ is closed to new replies.