Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The best cheap track pump
  • southernsteel
    Free Member

I think I need one. Which one should I get that isn't too expensive or does it not really matter?

Thanks all.

markyboy
    Free Member

TESCO DO A GOOD ONE FOR ABOUT A TENNER.

zaskar
    Free Member

Halfords or Joe Blow?

midlifecrashes

The Decathlon one is fine too.

Northwind

The old Tesco one was good, the newer one's a bit nastier. The Beto tripod one seems to be ace too.

stevede
    Free Member

Topeak joe blow has lasted me years, absolute quality for the cash (think around £25), bought a very cheap one before that and it didn't last. You pays yer money and all….

zaskar
    Free Member

Joe Blow could be sourced around £20+ for reliability.

Ok a bit more cost but if you're like me- pumping tyres every week-then you don't want a cheap pump falling apart.

Try the Tesco cheapie thing and keep your receipt when you or if you go back as they'll give you another no questions ask.

colnagokid

when I was in local halfrauds yesterday 'attempting' to buy a radio aerial adapter thingy (thats a whole other thread 😈 )they were putting some track pumps in the bargain bin things by the door, and they looked ok. Might be a national campaign

takisawa2

Asda Walmart do a good Bell one with an alloy barrel. Had mine for few years now. About £12.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Aldi or Lidl do them every so often. Usually around the £5 -10 mark. I've had 4 or 5 of them. Eventually went and bought a 'good' one. Happened to be in Escape Route and saw a Giant branded one that I ended up getting for £30 or so and you can instantly notice a difference. I've a feeling this one will last a hell of a lot better!
    Worth paying good money for stuff in the long term.

colnagokid

Had my wrench force (trek brand?) for about 10/12 years now and is still as new

woffle
    Free Member

yellow Joe Blow – i think I paid about £22 and it's ace.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My Bikehut one still seems to be working OK

Beagleboy

The Bell one that I got from Asda was about a tenner, it's pretty sturdy, takes either presta or shraeder without swapping bits and has a pressure gauge. It's done me proud for a couple of years now.

cp

Topeak Joe Blow Sport 2. This one:-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=39688

I got it to replace the cheap Park one which didn't feel good quality at all. It died after 6 months, this Topeak one is solid as a rock. Feels similar to my old spcialized one which last years, and only got replaced as you couldn't get spare head mechanisms!

quincy
    Free Member

Joe Blow every time.

fubar
    Free Member

My Joe Blow fell apart 🙁 The rubber on the hose perished…don't really understand how that happens in a couple of years. I prefer the Blackburn one I replaced it with.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The best cheap track pump’ is closed to new replies.