Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • the best all-mountain bike and why?
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Zesty 714

ash.addy
    Free Member

Slowrider my spicy 316 puts a smile on my face every time I ride it – even though there's not much std kit left on it, you'll enjoy it…..

slowrider
    Free Member

started changing it already…

here

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I still stand by my recommendation. A 5 AM is all most of us will ever need.
    Rowan looks smooth on camera, but you only see the edited footage, and when he really sends it, he lands freakin hard. His skill means he’s hitting everything twice as hard as us regular joes on a regular basis. He spends maybe half an hour’s footage (about 20 runs) hitting cutties to get the perfect shot, and that puts a lot of lateral stress on the wheels and frame. And when he does crash, it’s a lot bigger than you or me dropping it.
    Bike parts get more of a thrashing at 40+mph than they do at the 32mph I can safely manage on my runs down trail centre runs, but the package holds up even under these extremely demanding conditions.

coogan
    Free Member

Last thing I want or need is an Orange 5.

Crell
    Free Member

Love my Foes XCT-5. The suspension is so tuneable with the turn of a dial and it climbs really well. It’s certainly not light, but nor does it flex in any way. Someone’s selling one on ebay for what’s currently looking like a bargain. Not sure what the “Ti upgrade” that’s referred to on an Air Curnutt but looks like a good deal on a rare bike. (no connection whatsoever).

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Ok, don’t buy one.
    They’re not everyone’s cup of tea, I agree.
    You can always go to starbucks and get blinded by the choice and then shafted on the price of a cup of coffee though.

slowrider
    Free Member

Cheers, I had a 5 am but it never felt balanced in either the 160 or 130 travel settings. Switching the fork to a 150 rev improved it’s balance even on the downs

geetee1972
    Free Member

The last thing I want or need is anyone telling me what I want or need (although the OP did ask for recommendations.)

Rowan looks smooth on camera, but you only see the edited footage…

Does Rowan pay full retail price for his bikes or does he get given them by Orange?

jools182
    Free Member

I quite like the look of the Knolly Endorphin

slowrider
    Free Member

i havent looked recently but those knollys always looked over complicated to me, its just a 4 bar after all

simonm
    Free Member

Carbon Nomad.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘the best all-mountain bike and why?’ is closed to new replies.