Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The best 26inch 140mm fork made ?
  • dvatcmark
    Free Member

My C456 could do with a new fork so I’m wondering what’s the collectives opinion on is/was best 26inch 140mm fork ever made?.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Watches with interest

Andy-R

Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti Evo2 or else 55 TST 2’s , converted to shim stack damping and dropped to 140mm.

jam-bo

I ran a set of totems at 140mm travel for a while, they were all kinds of awesome…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Uturn Pike?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Should have added in the op that since new I’ve had a pair of 2011 revelation RLs on it and have always been a bit disaponted in them

Junkyard
    Free Member

UTURN air pike but overkill for a C456

IMHO a talas or similar as I found the front end wandered at 140 up steep hills so something adjustable

bigblackshed

RS Revs with a 20mm axle or if you fall into the correct weight category for the springs then Fox Vanillas.

chakaping
    Free Member

44rc3ti or new pike or bos deville

Not used the latter but heard very good things.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not 140, but I run a 150 Pike on my C456. Very nice. Uturn I wouldn’t bother about. Too much compromise. I have no problem climbing on big forks even without lock out. Have a 170 Lyrik on my Nomad with no lock out. Not an issue.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Latest Pike is good and can be run 140mm does the C456 take a taper fork?

mildred

Bos Deville or Marzocchi 44rc3ti. Or, source a cheap Sektor and have the Avalanche cartridge fitted.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Jeffus – Member
    does the C456 take a taper fork?

Yes. It was designed for tapered.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Cool i would get a set of Pikes set to 140mm plenty of mint 2nd hand for £300 or less i paid about £280 for mine rate them highly.

grahamt1980

44 RC3 Ti’s. Got several pairs on various bikes.
    Best forks that were made for 26″

Northwind

For me a Pike, or Revelation RCT3, depending on how stiff you want.

(mine has coil-converted Revelation Teams with the old black box damper and a sektor spring, they’re fantastic, but they were never available to buy in that form so I guess they don’t count. Actually heavier than Pikes but I prefer ’em. Took a long time to get them this good though)

If you’re leaning towards 44 RC3 Tis I do have a set of 140mm straight steerers, plug plug. Though, I don’t like them as much as the Revs so I can’t do you a hard sell 😆

nickc

RS Revs with a 20mm axle

Is the correct answer

Suggsey
    Free Member

From my perspective a set of Fox 36 Talas Fit with 20mm axle like I bought a couple of months ago from Mojo…….most riding I run them at 180mm but drop them to 140mm so as not to wheely up the climbs…….I have a set of 2009 Rev Dual Air U Turns that are currently sat as spares……and I won’t be re fitting them and riding the bike like I can now with the big forks on…….

chestrockwell

Revs always felt a bit artificial IMO .

My vote would go for DT Swiss XMM140’s. Best fork I ever had and miles better than the float or Rev that
    Went before them. Great forks.

HansRey

Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti Evo2, without a doubt. Very reliable, too. In 3 years, all I’ve had to do was change the oil, seals and a bushing.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Really, with all that jumping about on them?

kayla1
    Free Member

I’m going to wave the flag for Suntour Durolux forks here- 35mm stanchions, stiff as you like 😳 , plush, 20mm axle, cheap-ish to buy new, reliable as tomorrow, simple to service and, dan-dan-daaaaah, you can get them in straight or tapered.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Bos Devilles, I’ve Revs on my ht and they’re not even in the same league.

If you’re nervous about Bos then try to find a pair of the last of the proper RC2 Fox 36 Fit Floats (lowered to 140).

pickle
    Free Member

I ran Vanilla 140s on mine with heavy springs.

jairaj

I used to think my dual air Revs with RCT3 damper and 20mm axle were the best things ever. Then I got a Manitou Mattoc which was in a totally different league.

chakaping
    Free Member

Used to have a rev team on my c456.

I tried a fox 36 for a bit, but found it too heavy for such a light frame, the bike felt unbalanced.

So thinking about it I’d probably go for the Pike for it’s balance of weight, stiffness and performance.

stevede
    Free Member

Best performing 140mm fork, hands down it has to be the Deville for me, I’m on 160mm Pikes on both bikes now so the Devilles were sold, for me they outperform the Pikes but are far more expensive (and slightly heavier) and if you need parts then it’s a bit of a lottery so although Devilles win on performance I’d never recommend anyone buy them new!

robhughes
    Free Member

Pike dual air u-turn with an RCT3 damper and dual flow.Cost a small fortune to mod but awesome set up.Sadly sold them but kept the RCT3 damper if anyone needs one. 😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘The best 26inch 140mm fork made ?’ is closed to new replies.