• This topic has 21 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The benevolent tutelage of Pai Mei – sorry, Jedi
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Well worth it.*

*See archived posts for more detailed/gushing write ups :mrgreen:

matt_outandabout

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

He is not the coach you are looking for.

RobHilton
    Free Member

nickf
    Free Member

Seeing my lad hopping off all sorts of stuff in Chatel a few weeks back is proof positive that the family Jedi session was well worth it.

jedi

rob, thanks for coming to me today. i’m still buzzing 🙂

jedi

rob, did you get the blog and pics email?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m still buzzing 3ish weeks on from my session and i havent been on the bike since due to my superman impression 😀

BUZZZZZZZZ

i’m practising new skills in my sleep pretty much every night.

jedi

phil, come down sunday! 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

beccas in prison til the end of the day so i can’t ask her til this evening, but its our 5yr anniversary so i’ll be all romantic and tell her i’d like her to try riding over another man’s wood this weekend 😆

RobHilton
    Free Member

i’ll be all romantic and tell her i’d like her to try riding over another man’s wood this weekend

Best laugh I’ve had all morning!*

@Jedi Certainly did matey, guess you didn’t see my reply? Must have tapped my head when I hit the ground yesterday cos my neck doesn’t work quite right today! Mind you I’ve landed on the top of my head a few times in the past so it’s familiar territory 🙂

Just pondering whether go score some God points doing community based voluntary work or reinforce yesterday’s sesh with some swoopy corners at the mini trail centre that’s sprung up just north of Corby…

*Note to self: Grow up. Sometime.

philconsequence
    Free Member

read the blog about your session rob, good work 😀

owenfs7
    Free Member

mini trail centre that’s sprung up just north of Corby…

quick hijack – where is that exactly? might check it out.

_tom_
    Free Member

quick hijack – where is that exactly? might check it out.

+1, not in the area at the minute but “home” is Northamptonshire and I’m always up for finding some new trails there.

I’m still hearing Tony’s voice in my head whenever I go for a ride, there’s only one thing left that needs to sink in now (comfort braking in corners). I can definitely feel the improvement in my riding. When I’m back in the UK I’d like to go back to Herts Shore now I’m comfortable on reasonable sized woodwork, wall rides and bigger jumps 😀

RobHilton
    Free Member

Might actually use that blog to structure my progression – if only I can get over the thought in my mind that blogs are for attention seekers :mrgreen:

Have just written a list of points to work on – it’s amazing how yesterday seems like a distant memory, but all the important stuff has sunk in v. well. Now to apply it and make it all second nature…

RobHilton
    Free Member

Corby place is here:

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recreation.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/EnglandNorthamptonshireRockinghamForestFineshadeWood

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&rlz=1R2SUNC_enGB360&gs_upl=3350l4054l0l4245l5l5l0l4l4l0l201l201l2-1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=625&wrapid=tlif131547584582610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=fineshades+wood&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=fineshades+wood&ei=ipFoTt-FKZO78gOogpncCw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CBYQtgM

It’s split into 2; Fineshade & Wakerley Woods.

Fineshade Woods has a family trail that’s good for a warm up with some “skills” loops on it; most of which are likely to be beneath the level of most people on here & not particularly well thought out, but the last 2 or 3 are quite good fun and got some giggles from me.

It also has some really nice XC type paths, but they’re for walkers only, so avoid on sunny weekend days.

Wakerley Woods is a bit more like it really 🙂 Decent XC type trail that will sadly suffer quite badly from being ridden in the wet. It has a couple of really nice (but short) swoopy bits and some challenging climby sections. Not bad for the small amount of money that’s been spent on it.

Also some half decent random offshoots & illicit trails exist to bulk out the official trail – and some really shit jumps that should be avoided at all costs 🙂

Poss not worth driving more than 1 hr to get to, but if local then better than nothing.

Pyro

Rob, what’s your blog address? Would be overstated to read.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Overstated? Is that predictive for interested? 🙂

Is here:

http://ukbikeskills.blogspot.com/

Along with many others.

If I know someone’s gonna read it, have I forced myself into a position where I have to update it, or suffer the mental torture of knowing I’m not connecting with my audience???

rob-jackson
    Free Member

jedi – how much would you charge for a group of 3-4 for a day in the Peak?

Pyro

Overstated? Is that predictive for interested?

Yes. Dammit!

philconsequence
    Free Member

had word from becca.. this sunday is a no unfortunately, but once we’ve sorted her out a new wheel and stuff we’ll be over like a shot 😀

jedi

ok phil, look forward to seeing you both again 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The benevolent tutelage of Pai Mei – sorry, Jedi’ is closed to new replies.