Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The benefits of taking a Sauna
  • olivia630
    Free Member

a sauna bath is a special method of bath. Visiting sauna can not only relieve fatigue, but also is good for health, so it becomes popular soon all over the world. Sauna is the deepest cleaning bath method in the world at present, although it was originate from Finland, you’ll find it was widely applied. Now, even many families are also configured with a sauna room. Sauna was popularized because it has many advantages.

1.For skin, due to the process of sauna, skin capillaries expand obviously, skin sweat excessively and blood circulation got greatly improved.
    2. It can reduce pressure, relieve fatigue, tense muscles and nerves.A high temperature about 80? would promote increased perspiration, kill the bacteria on the skin surface, it also contributes to eliminate waste products and remove toxins from your body.
    3.Improving human microcirculation sufficiently, and speeding up the body metabolism.
    4.It can make your skin soft and smooth.
    5.It can burn off your extra fat, and help you get fit.
    6.People can have a better sleep after a sauna bath.
    7.Sauna also can cure disease. It can alleviate pain by alternating hot and cold for several times.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

More to the point some tidy German bird might get in and take all her clothes off then ask you to scratch an annoying itch on her left arse cheek

Although it would probably be someone called Colin from Barnsley in reality

ton

we had a sauna at the rugby club………….certain people used to wee on the stones…………….. 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

I love saunas. Finnish style. I’d have one in my house straight away if I had room!

tails
    Free Member

I love saunas. Finnish style. I’d have one in my house straight away if I had room!

£££££££££££££££

we had a sauna at the rugby club………….certain people used to wee on the stones……………

That’s grim!!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Even grimmer than pissing on the stones, some mong in our grim used to throw mars bars on em, proper eye stingers !!

emsz
    Free Member

Covering the stones in vodka is less fun than you’d imagine as well

Harry_the_Spider

There was a mixed sauna at the hotel we stayed at for a group skiing holiday a few years ago. 3 or 4 of us were sat in there in our shorts when 2 nekid German girls (mid 20s, athletic, you would) joined us. After a few minutes of stunned silence my mate Ed, in a moment of pure genius, challenged them to a game of Travel Scrabble. So we adjourned to the bar and played Scrabble with them in English. They won.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have a small sauna in the garage and it is great. Disappear in there with n ice bucket of beer just outside and a book or magazine to read. Too small to fit 2 people in comfortably but lots of room for one. Peace and quiet for an hour. Wife has yet to realise I only turn it on to minimum most times so I can stay in for an hour. On max I roast out after 15 minutes tops.

German hotels saunas – For every fit young girl there are a dozen fat old men or wizzened old ladies 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Out of interest, what are the benefits meant to be?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Relaxes muscles and stuff, innit?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And relaxes the mind too – to me that is always the biggest benefit.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Started 4 hours ago by olivia630

What’s going on here? There’s no post by this person.

something’s afoot today. I’m not happy about it.

Harry_the_Spider

What’s going on here? There’s no post by this person.

THEY have taken him.

molgrips
    Free Member

£££££££££££££££

Only a couple of hundred quid for the machine, then all you need is some untreated birch timber.

Spongebob
    Free Member

£££££££££££££££

Only a couple of hundred quid for the machine, then all you need is some untreated birch timber.

…..and a small mortgage to pay for the elecricity.

Which begs the question: can you get solid fuel powered saunas?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, you can get wood powered saunas. The traditional Finnish sauna aka savusauna (I think) involves lighting a fire under a load of stones in a cabin with no chimney. You vacate the cabin whilst the fire burns out, then you go inside and have your sauna pouring water on the hot stones. You can also smoke your meat or fish at the same time by hanging it from the ceiling 🙂

theotherjonv

So let me understand this. You are suggesting that you light a fire in a room with no chimney. A room that is clad entirely in timber.

And WorldClassAccident (a man whose login name from recent memory ‘does exactly what it says on the tin’) has one of these rooms situated within his main place of dwelling.

I’d have the fire station on speed dial.

banginon

You could (as you do in a sweat lodge) build a fire outside and superheat the (granite or other volcanic) boulders;

then, boulders into a tin bucket, into the lodge/sauna, water on the boulders and Bobs yer auntie Roberta.

You can build one in the garden with green sticks and an old tarp.. You’ll probably end up with a bunch of hippies in there with you but they’re excellent for heating up yer old bones

banginon

there used to be a wee wood powered sauna at the bunkhouse at Mabie.

Basically a wee wooden shed with a wood burner and some rocks in a basket. You could roll on the wet grass or out in the rain if it got a bit too hot.

Which it must have done significantly at one point as the plastic thermometer had melted into the wall FFS.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d have the fire station on speed dial.

Oh if only you knew the truth. 😆

(The firefighters all know him by name! And he has his own ward in Southampton General!)

kaiser
    Free Member

anyone ever tried one of those super cheap tent like sauna kits (about £50 on ebay)?

mrchrispy

the story with the german bird did not go the way I hoped.
    signed gutted from manchester

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

a wee wood powered sauna at the bunkhouse at Mabie

Still there, along with a wood fired hot tub.

Amazing place to stay, highly recommended.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So we adjourned to the bar and played Scrabble with them in English. They won.

The Rules for Strip Scrabble

I like saunas – relaxing. But the “nekid German hottie” problem is the reason why I don’t go into saunas in German and Austrian hotels. It would be stiffening rather than relaxing.

I tried a steam room once. I thought it unpleasantly choking.

NZCol

When i was in Neustift a few weeks back me and thw wife whipped into the pool on a wet Wednesday arvo for a swim. I saw the sauna on the price list and thought “Yep that will do me too” so paid for that. Wife not keen on Sauna. In the pool i realised it was hotMILF wednesday. Didn;t occur to me that it would be in the Sauna too. Was somewhat surprised to see the ‘no clothing’ sign on it but i’m quite keen on nudity so bowled in to the Sauna…4 seriously lovely ladies in there. Quite a complex conversation that one. Me trying to appear cool and collected, them remarking on my crazy biking tan lines while i gently cooked. The plunge pool dealt to any major movements though.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The benefits of taking a Sauna’ is closed to new replies.