Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • The bells are ringing… fitness content PSA!
  • iDave
    Free Member

row backwards with more fasterness

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Whilst High!

molgrips
    Free Member

Just had a look at myself in the mirror. My shoulders are sagging now, I look really old 🙁

Must get to the climbing wall.

Jamie
    Free Member

Climbing wall makes you look young? Well who knew!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awesome, I went climbing last night 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Physically, they do help with the physique yes.

iDave
    Free Member

What was that SBZ? I can’t quite hear you.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Which do I think it is – depends on who is doing the pedalling. Someone who has had their pedalling technique analysed and perfected over a number of years will recruit all of their leg muscles at various points of the rotation. Someone who has weak core, mashes the pedals, and doesnt really care how they are pedalling as long as they are going forwards will be using pretty much all quads with very little in the way of hamstring and glute involvement. It’s all to do with the way that muscles are recruited and the range they are working in. But you know this already.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just did some exercises on the floor at home. Not bad but I am beginning to think I need to go climbing again.

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of yoga – I do the savasana posture for about 8 hours everyday…

emsz
    Free Member

These threads make my muscles ache after just reading them!

McHamish
    Free Member

Try the Savasana pose.

Jamie
    Free Member

Awesome, I went climbing last night

I wish I had a decent climbing wall near me 😡

It’s the one thing I really want to do….

Especially now it will make me look younger.

molgrips:

Just did some exercises on the floor at home. Not bad but I am beginning to think I need to go climbing again.

*imagines Molgrips just writhing about on a swiss ball*

Don’t Germans have gyms etc?

molgrips
    Free Member

Probably. But I just cant get into gyms. Well I mean I can physically enter them, I’m not banned or anything 🙂 I just don’t find it much fun. It might be better if I had a personal programme or something but I dunno. Climbing and biking seem way more fun.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ve found these videos quite useful, if only to give me ideas of exercises to do:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHjxsS08kBI[/video]

iDave
    Free Member

I hate gyms

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

molgrips, you’ll just have to be the first member of mine and Yeti’s convent, we’ll have you looking awesome in no time 8) I agree climbing and biking is much fun, but i reckon the gym has its place and i really enjoy my weights now.

I managed to do my hill reps despite hurting from weights yesterday but buzzing and never going to sleep at this rate.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve never managed to do weights, but then I’ve never been taught. Perhaps I should learn.

Did some quad stretching after my ride in today – they are really tight.. I really think it’ll help me running if not my posture. They won’t bend past vertical at all any more (they used to).

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Molgrips – did you not listen to me?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep.

You said it didn’t affect anterior pelvic tilt. Well fine, but I think it would help my running. Do you not agree?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You can really separate things out like that though. Getting your pelvic tilt sorted out will benefit you running way more than any amount of quad stretching.

Look at the trailing legs of the people in that pic – their legs are straight, so their quads are pretty much at their shortest length (apart from one of the quad muscles, rectus femoris, which is in the middle of its range). Their hip flexors on the other hand are at the extreme longest limit of their length.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

moglrips… you never do weights? You definitely need to join the convent… on the shoulders/climbing thing… swimming? Chin-up bar?

molgrips
    Free Member

Getting your pelvic tilt sorted out will benefit you running way more than any amount of quad stretching

Also working on that.

TSY – nope, never have. Swimming tends to make me feel all over tired after a bit but I never got sore arms afterwards as if I’d had a good workout. I do still need to do more though. Chin up bar – well I would but it’s a rented flat 🙁

At the climbing wall I tend to enjoy big jugs (ooer) and overhangs (as long as they’re not too far off the ground 🙂 ) because they need loads of power and grrrrrr, and I get a good workout 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Swimming with paddles* and a pull buoy*? Or even drag shorts*.

Get some kettle bells!! Take lilgrips to the park… use the climbing frame?

*never tried any of these but I imagine they’re going to place greater emphasis on your arms/ shoulders.

molgrips
    Free Member

Returning from Google land I now know more about anatomy… Well when I said quad stretches I meant this:

Which is apparently not a quad stretch at all but a hip flexor stretch it would seem 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Molgrips – if you want any advice on sorting out your pelvic tilt my email is in my profile.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ta – YGM.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’ll send you some info this evening.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Anyone else that wants advice on this feel free to email me too. It is an extremely common cause of problems in males.

iDave
    Free Member

^^^ true dat

molgrips
    Free Member

What kind of problems?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Back problems, knee problems, ankle problems, neck problems, continence problems, breathing problems etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh, well I only have one of those and only occasionally 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Anyone who emailed me earlier has had a response now.

molgrips
    Free Member

So who else thinks that stretching doesn’t work?

(Not antagonising SbZ, simply canvassing for opinions.. email much appreciated).

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘The bells are ringing… fitness content PSA!’ is closed to new replies.