Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The Baftas….
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just woke up and the the Baftas was on tellybox. I watched for 30 seconds and a question popped into my head:
    TV/Film – is it really an art form or is this just a bunch of luvvies taking themselves far too seriously?

mikey74
    Free Member

Are they creating something that only has aesthetic, and no practical, purpose? If so, it is art. The rubbish surrounding is just luvvies taking themselves too seriously :mrgreen: however film-making itself is art, IMO.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is it really an art form

yes
    or is this just a lame troll? 😉

bex
    Free Member

Is it just me or…

Is this supposed to be a celebration of the best creative talent of the past twelve months or a platform for anti-Trumpism? Irrespective of political stances this seems to be collective angst and breast-beating rather than the far more important role of promoting the very real stories of those very real people showcased in films such as ‘Fences’. Or am I expecting too much of the frontispiece of the all too real La La Land?

convert

or a platform for anti-Trumpism

Surely it only has real bite when it is hosted on US soil at the Oscars?

These sort events make my teeth itch however. TV is off and I’m enjoying the genius of Prince’s back catalogue that made it to Spotify today. Would far rather read/look at/watch/listen to quality artistic output that listen to a bunch of sentimental gushing self absorbed nonsense that these award ceremonies mostly are.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The Baftas….’ is closed to new replies.