Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • The baby was due yesterday – nowt happening!
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

As title, we have tried everything to bring it on including a 4 mile walk up 2 big hills today!
    Pine apple, raspberry leaf tea, curry – the works!!

Owt else to bring it on? I don't want to go to work tomorrow!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I know you can't chill out, but just enjoy the peace and quiet. Really.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

getting impatient!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Aye Rob, well just try to imagine how your wife is feeling!
    I went 3 and 5 days over with mine. When my due date arrived and there was no sign of a baby I thought…"that's it, I'm going to be pregnant forwever!"
    It'll happen soon enough. We went out for a walk to pass the time with my first, only to return and find out that my PineMountain and MrFC's Yoeddy had been stolen!!!
    Kind of took our minds off the baby for a while…I went into labour that evening… 8)

sc-xc

both of ours 2 weeks over…enjoy the peace!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

more sh@gging = it'll be the last chance you get for a while… 😆

Harry_the_Spider

Cool your jets there fella!

Our first was 6 days over. Our second is due in 8 days. We're spending our last few days before the mayhem eating cakes and watching football.

Shandy
    Free Member

A nice rich dinner out and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc did the trick for us.

Smee
    Free Member

Women will have you think that shagging is the best way to bring on labour. The science is there – semen contains prostaglandins which do indeed induce labour. What they dont tell you though is that those prostaglandins are more effective if ingested through the gut. 😀

epicsteve
    Free Member

Our first one was two weeks late – apparently it's not unusual but Fiona was getting pretty pissed off by then.

carlphillips
    Free Member

both ours induced and over 2 weeks late.

like someone said up there^^^^ really enjoy the calm and peace and get the last shagging done for a few weeks (read months!!)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'd blame Gordon Brown.

All babies will arrive on time when David Cameron is Prime Minister.

sharki
    Free Member

yep,if all othersw efforts fail then intercourse is a great way to bring on labour, it'll relax her and stop you both thinking about it…….

By the way it's a girl,

The further the sperm has to travel the more likely it'll be a girl as the male producing sperms are weak in general and poorer swimmers…!

So as you've a little weener and you wear tight pants you male sperm count will be low too.

All the best for the both of you.

Sharki x

midlifecrashes

Our were all over by nearly a fortnight, we ended up lying about the dates with the last one so they wouldn't induce. The due date is basically a guess within about a twelve day spread with conception possible outside of that too, so don't sweat it. They do say that at this time it's a good idea to have lots of sex, including oral, and hot curries. Just don't let the wife find out.

matt_outandabout

2 weeks late for first…

On time for second…

Month early for last nipper…

*~Sees a trend*

*resists going for no.4*

geoffj

Our first was 2 months early – consider yourself lucky.
    And get some more sleep – you iz gonna need it! 😆

Speshpaul

Just start making plans to do stuff with your mates over the next few days, like riding your bike.
    Should do the kick.

petrieboy

12 hours of getting induced here – in the end it was her washing my car that did it. definitely recommended as whether it works or not you still get a nice clean car!

MoreCashThanDash

First one went a week over – at which point they finally did the exam/scan we had been asking for for 8 months and determined that MrsSwadeys disability had deformed her hip/pelvis enough to make a natural birth out of the question, so he was born next day courtesy of a C-section.

Thank God he was late….

tankslapper
    Free Member

Swiss ball?

mybike
    Free Member

In the same boat here, wife was due Friday.
    Looking at her big tight bump saying 'get out' hasn't worked.

mybike
    Free Member

I take it back…

Timing contractions

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how weird – think it may have started at this end too 🙂

good luck mybike and mrsmybike

Harry_the_Spider

Nice one. Good luck!

midlifecrashes

Good luck both of you

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Good luck to both of you (or should that be all 4 of you?)

Keep us updated

TN
    Free Member

How exciting – baby racing….

Best wishes to you all, hope things are well under way by now.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Oral sex (she has to swallow) and nipple twiddling. Seriously.

Nipple twiddling stimulates prostaglandin production and can bring on contractions. The same phenomenon as when breastfeeding stimulates the contraction of the uterus back to it's original size, you can feel it happening.

Semen also contains prostaglandins and as has been said before, it works better via a GI route than vaginal insertion.

Enjoy!

GrahamS

Read above, you're a little late jojo.

I suspect any attempts at oral copulation at this stage may be slightly unwelcome and would probably upset the midwife.

good luck folks.

Travis

put the kettle on, worked for me, every time I was waiting for someone/body, put the kettle on, and they'd turn up.
    Has to work.

Keep us informed, and it's worth nothing if it doesn't have pics 😀

theotherjonv

oral sex including swallowing?? fat chance here, both mine were on time.

Even worse, when we phoned in to the maternity unit they said they were chocca, so best to wait at home for as long as we could. I asked the wife what she wanted to do to pass the time.

So I rubbed her back for nearly 5 hours while we watched Sound of Music right through. Twice.

Good luck!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

booo – gone quiet again 🙁

mybike
    Free Member

Baby girl 7lbs 11oz born at 15.41
    Mother & baby fine

Father crying 😀

Good luck Mr Harris

racing_ralph
    Free Member

get in there – well done dude 🙂

best wishes to the two ladies in your life

Bunnyhop

Congratulations mybike and mrs.mybike.
    What have you named mini mybike?

Travis

Excellent, congratulations to all of you….

name?

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

congrats to the mybikes, that's a great size and hopefully all goes smoothly

Mr Harris – enjoy the lateness, ours were due to be C-sectioned second half of October (identical twins), instead they made a successful bid for freedom last friday. hadn't even thought about what to pack in a bag, let alone buy the bag to put the requisite parts in.
    Girls are doing well for almost 28 weekers, Eleanor weighed in at 365g and Georgiana at 900g. Think the next few weeks could be a bit tough, particularly as Eleanor is in Oxford and Georgie in Milton Keynes.

Don't think the bike is going to be seeing much action in the near future, but watching babies breathe is even more enthralling

Matthew

igm

Bunnyhop – Member
    Congratulations mybike and mrs.mybike.
    What have you named mini mybike?

Rothan?

I was just leaving.

Congratulations and enjoy it

marsdenman
    Free Member

all the best to those waiting and congratulations to those already holding their bundles of joy….

Oh, Matt…

Don't think the bike is going to be seeing much action in the near future….
    as Eleanor is in Oxford and Georgie in Milton Keynes.

You could commute on the bike…… 😉

tinker-belle
    Free Member

Congrats MyBike and new increased family.

and congrats Yardley_Hastings

There certainly is a few people on here popping of about to pop soon at the moment – we know what you were doing in winter (giggles and runs away)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘The baby was due yesterday – nowt happening!’ is closed to new replies.