Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The average price of a new bike in the UK is…..
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Us brits like cheap disposable errr: cr ap. Blame Tesco, Asdo, Apollo, etc etc. Its great to see bike loving nations spending on what they need. I didnt see Switzerland in there though – every single bike I saw there cost at least as much as my car.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

That’s gone up quite a bit from the figure i saw a couple of years ago.

stanfree
    Free Member

Well It has probably risen due to cycle to work as most of my non biking mates bought £400 GT Aggressors and Carrera Krackens instead of horrible full suss Apollos at £160.

It’s all cycling and It’s all good.

toys19
    Free Member

Based my own recent purchasing experience it’s about 10 times that..

MSP

Numbers are interesting, even compared to Germany I think that would work out more bought per capita in Britain. I do wonder if the cost differential shows that other nations intend to use their bikes more and last longer.
    It does seem in Germany that the majority of people use bikes at some point in the summer, even if its just a Sunday afternoon spin with the family or just riding part of the commute the odd day.
    Even on my 7km commute this morning, its -15 and I will see 5 or 6 other bikes, and there will be 30 or 40 (which will be just under 10% of the workforce) other bikes in the racks at work.

drofluf
    Free Member

Your bike cost how much? I could almost get a new <insert component of choice> for that!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am very suprised at the numbers of bikes bought. Lots of cheap rubbish presumably that does not last but even so

Drac

Can’t say I’m surprised as it will be kids bikes too.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Before the answer I thought that would be about right.

I think kids bikes are stupidly expensive these days, and why spendmore than £250 if you use it once or twice a year like most people do whi buy bikes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The average price of a new bike in the UK is…..’ is closed to new replies.