Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • The Ashes. (probable spoiler content)
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Anyone else watching?
    Haven’t felt this confident about beating the Ausies in a while

Zoolander
    Free Member

Strauss gone for a duck – sorry – my fault I jinxed it

boxelder

** waves **

thwapy
    Free Member

Yep, watching, confident…. Then Strauss get’s out to a wide ball on a flat pitch, gutted!

loddrik
    Free Member

Cricket (yawns and snores…)?

psychle
    Free Member

why’re you posting on a cricket thread then? 🙄

thwapy
    Free Member

Ah BUT, Test Cricket means even blokes can multi-task! I can sit and type sh*t on here and still watch the cricket!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Where apart from Sky?

thwapy
    Free Member

Fantastic nudge past fourth slip for four (Glass Half Full!)

Zoolander
    Free Member

A perfectly fine edge that <gulp>

palmer77
    Free Member

Why oh why!

palmer77
    Free Member

We’re in the lead!!!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i’m trying to watch it with a dog pestering to go for a walk and the damb fire won’t work!!!!!!!!!!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i hate this review system

palmer77
    Free Member

Not out!

thwapy
    Free Member

Set fire to dog, throw dog on fire, open another can of beer…..problems solved.

That was a close one! Only just sliding down eh!

Zoolander
    Free Member

Wish it was warm & sunny here

thwapy
    Free Member

Jaffa !

theotherjonv

Losing Strauss while not ‘ideal’ is not a disaster. It will remind all that Aus haven’t just turned up to get beaten, and make the rest of the boys dig in for the next hour or two.

You can’t win the game on day 1, but you can lose it.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Evening. Just got tms for company. That one sounded close! Need Cook and Trott to make hay here…. Two average opening bowlers…

thwapy
    Free Member

Very true, it’s not McGrath firing them in..They need to stick around till tea stick a hundred partnership together

Zoolander
    Free Member

Aye the Aussies are going to want to rip it up on the 1st day here – best for us to keep an easy pace, build a partnership or two and keep the fireworks for later.

thwapy
    Free Member

**** that was too close !

Zoolander
    Free Member

Ok – my premature confidence has gone now.
    ( bit like me on a bike really)

nicko74

Just found 5Live Sports Extra on my Squeezebox and have the lovely dulcet tones of Geoffrey Boycott (“crikkit”) wafting round my kitchen as I cook dinner. Get in!!

palmer77
    Free Member

Dinner at 00:50?

Zoolander
    Free Member

Bugger

Sam

Yeah baby – Trott gone…

yossarian
    Free Member

Looks like kp is going after the spinner.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Woke up early- thought I’d listen to it on my ipod touch in bed – but it doesn’t seem to be possible 🙁 – listening on my computer instead.

palmer77
    Free Member

Siddle 🙁

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

oops

Hairychested
    Free Member

Not too many runs for England. Can Australia be disposed of for fewer runs? I doubt it a bit.

yossarian
    Free Member

Poor day for england overall

i reckon around 100 runs short of a defendable total. Maybe the bowlers will rip through the aussies tomorrow but thats a big maybe.

Only consolation was the form of Cook, Bell and Pietersen who all looked in good nick.

This test is likely to produce a result now, given that one innings is already complete and its going to take a major turnaround for it to go in England’s favour.

epicyclo

Zoolander – Member
    Anyone else watching?
    Haven’t felt this confident about beating the Ausies in a while

Falls about laughing… 😆

zokes
    Free Member

Well, it seems the aussies couldn’t give a toss anyway. 2 overs to go and the bloody news comes on. If you ever, ever complain about British TV, just come to Oz for a week, it’ll change your mind entirely!

I’m fairly sure even Sky back at home couldn’t be this crap…

zokes
    Free Member

Falls about laughing…

Well, lets wait and see what the arrogant, pompous team scores. Then perhaps we may see who’s laughing.

I think I need a couple of pictures of black pots and kettles to hand out to aussie commentators over here.

psychle
    Free Member

Stayed up till 2am to watch most of the first session, was slightly overjoyed to see Strauss out 3rd ball! 🙂 The look of anguish, disconsolation and disbelief on the face of the England Captain warmed the cockles of my heart at midnight! You could almost see the cracks appearing in the carefully prepared mental walls, lovely way to start the toughest tour he’ll ever face 8)

Went to bed at 1:30ish with the score at 2-43 I think, wasn’t much happening, though I did think that the batsmen didn’t look all that comfortable with the bounce, but our bowlers weren’t doing much with the ball or off the deck either.

Wake up this morning to find that one of our ‘two average opening bowlers’ had taken a sensational hat-trick, on his birthday no less! Really happy for Siddle, he’s a proper Aussie cricketer, all heart and passion and a real character for the side. He reckon he’ll be our bowling talisman this series, much like Flintoff was for England. To think that the Aussie press and pundits were questioning his inclusion in this team! Idiots… Warne likes him for much the same reasons I do, he’s got the ‘mongrel’ air about him, and that’s what an Australian team needs!

All in, a pretty awesome opening day for Australia, and a much needed reality check for the Englander’s I think: this is not going to be easy for you, you’re in enemy territory now and the natives are hungry! 😈

zokes
    Free Member

and the natives are hungry!

Not that hungry – the controllers at Channel 9 clearly had enough and thought that we all wanted to watch a news article about Will & Kate mugs. 👿

Funny that until today, I couldn’t find many locals interested in talking about cricket actually…

yossarian
    Free Member

You could almost see the cracks appearing in the carefully prepared mental walls, lovely way to start the toughest tour he’ll ever face

are you on crack?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The Ashes. (probable spoiler content)’ is closed to new replies.