Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Ashes – done it!
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Who would've thought? Blimey, that was some batting from the tailenders. Well done!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And we were singing….Hymns and Arias! Land of my Fathers! Ar hyd y nos…!

There's lovely for you.

Now, how about you change the title and put spoiler for those watching the highlights? 😉

psychle
    Free Member

meh… disappointed we couldn't finish them off, wouldn't have put money on those 2 batting out 60+ balls (and I bet not one English fan would've either!)

Not sure why Ponting didn't go with an all out pace attack, I can't imagine Monty would've been capable of keeping out multiple yorkers or some proper fast short stuff into his throat 👿

desf
    Free Member

Skin of teeth.

Aussies blew it really. Shows up their lack of bowling.

pjt201
    Free Member

yeah, dunno why north bowled a few overs at the end. didn't make much sense at all.

Hairychested
    Free Member

He did 'cos I wasn't playing – the only worse option 😀

white101

I think the mithcell johnson road show came to a crashing halt, how many wide balls?
    Brett Lee wouldv'e finished us off no probs.
    We got off a bit lucky but fair play to Colly and the tail, they did the business, 1st and 2nd inns the first 5 were poor.

psychle
    Free Member

I reckon Monty and Anderson will get a ticket tape parade out of that innings, maybe even a Knighthood 😆

Was poor bowling from Johnson, I really don't know why Ponting didn't give the ball to Siddle, he was showing real fire and I reckon he would've taken Panesar out easily…

aw
    Free Member

Aussies out played us for 4.5 days…but another glorious draw attained by us 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

disappointed we couldn't finish them off

Hahahaha

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The Ashes – done it!’ is closed to new replies.