Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 181 total)
  • The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I’d like England to reach some 600 runs and declare then. It’d be the [yankee]maddafakkaov the cowm baak[/yankee].
    psychle, you can always win it, collapse England in 5 overs, bat 500+ and then kill England again.
    May the prettier WAGs win!

palmer77
    Free Member

I reckon this is it!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Bowling maidens won’t help your cause, the bowlers will be shattered, the fielders cold.

aracer
    Free Member

Just watching the highlights from yesterday. Can’t believe Punter only got a 40% fine – surely they should have given him a 1 match ban, so that he could retire sometime tomorrow or the day after. I have a certain respect for his achievements, but right now he’s showing his ugly side – if he hangs on as captain it will only be because the obvious replacements are in rubbish form themselves.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Prior, you silly sod!

aracer
    Free Member

Oh burger – we’re struggling here with only a 361 run lead /6.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Time to go to bed soon? Just like yesterday?

PeteG55
    Free Member

maybe, could be here a while yet. 8)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Do you realise as soon as we all went the Aussies became England-of-the-90’s Mk.2?

Stoner
    Free Member

god we’re awful. 465-7. 🙄

Hairychested
    Free Member

Creepers! Another wicket gone, any more South Africans in the line up?

Stoner
    Free Member

At this rate we’ll be lucky not to win….

Hairychested
    Free Member

Hairychested
    Free Member

Stoner, don’t doubt the powers of determination.

aracer
    Free Member

Time to go to bed soon?

Nah – I reckon we’ll be all out soon, so then it’ll be time for Punter to fail again.

Stoner
    Free Member

house!

Stoner
    Free Member

I AM off to bed now.

Here’s to a 580 total/declaration and Oz 150-4 by close.

Hairychested
    Free Member

G’nite then!

aracer
    Free Member

400!

aracer
    Free Member

500!

mboy
    Free Member

Declaration anyone?

With almost 3 days of play left?!?! And 7 wickets down…

WHY? 😕

Those 3 wickets will probably only last another couple of hours tops, given that we’re now into the England tail. Maybe we might get another 100 or so runs on the board. That will then give us 2 1/2 days to bowl the Aussies out for less than about 500 runs, giving us another innings victory.

Better to totally demoralise a team, and take away any chance of them even holding on for a draw IMO, than to declare early and give them a slim chance to get back into it, just cos you’re impatient…

Anyway… Anyone want to take a punt on the margin of the English victory? I’m going to stick my neck out and go with an innings and 250 run victory… I reckon the boys have got it in them! 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Phew – lucky escape for Trott there. We could have been in big trouble.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Demoralising Australian bowlers. Nice.

aracer
    Free Member

With almost 3 days of play left?!?! And 7 wickets down…

WHY?

Those 3 wickets will probably only last another couple of hours tops, given that we’re now into the England tail.
    Depends whether you’d describe Swann as a tailender (better average than MJ who’s mooted as an all-rounder). For sure once he’s out there’s not much left, but if he keeps going I can see us declaring mid-afternoon after Trott gets his double, or maybe at 600. Put them under a bit of pressure to avoid a 3 day defeat.

PeteG55
    Free Member

mboy +1. Give them something to chase. 😉
    Trott for a double?

aracer
    Free Member

🙁 spoke too soon. No chance of a declaration now.

aracer
    Free Member

Wickets clattering – looks tough for the batsmen out there 😉

PeteG55
    Free Member

There you go then, England all out with a lead of 415, enough? Aussies out by tea?

aracer
    Free Member

All 25 2nd innings leads of over 394 have resulted in a win Well all except one, where the lead was 415 🙄Though that was rather a silly high scoring game on a totally dead pitch

The only other draws in the leads of over 363 were weather affected matches in the 1930s.

maxray
    Free Member

Well if the last few wicket were anything to go by then some good bowling after lunch could destroy the aussies.

aracer
    Free Member

…in fact I got bored working back down the list to 330 or so lead having not found a game not resulting in a win for the team with a lead apart from those badly affected by weather or on totally flat pitches (if we exclude the Darell Hair incident)

Hairychested
    Free Member

So, who’s the new Aussie captain then? Surely Ponting won’t last, will he?

Stoner
    Free Member

Here’s to a 580 total/declaration and Oz 150-4 by close.

Australia 1st Innings
    98 all out (42.5 overs)
    Australia 2nd Innings
    169 for 6 (66.0 overs)
    England 1st Innings
    513 all out (159.1 overs)

I could almost do this for a living 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yep like most of you warblings it is almost accurate 😉

Without biblical weather no hope for them now…it has been so bad I almost feel sorry for Ponting

Utter Joy

maxray
    Free Member

Can never feel sorry for punter I’m afraid. This test has been the best Xmas present ever!

higgo
    Free Member

I almost feel sorry for Ponting

How does that work?

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Sorry not really following the cricket.
    Are we, the English(and welsh) hammering the Aussies? 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There are few better ways to wake up than to read such a scoreboard in the morning. I had one of those better ways before reading the score this morning….!

Might have a spring in my step today!

trailmonkey

Butler back on duty after the holidays was he ? 😉

aracer
    Free Member

So, who’s the new Aussie captain then?

That’s a very fine question. Clarke is averaging just over 21 this series, so not really justifying his place. North has already been dropped. The only definite picks right now would seem to be Haddin, Hussey and Watson, and 2 of those are almost certainly too old.

That was a slightly better than average performance for 3 wickets for Australia – they’ve now improved their series average to 82 (England are averaging almost 277).

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)’ is closed to new replies.