Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Aristocrats (TV prog that was on a little earlier)
  • cinnamon_girl

Anyone watch it? Blenheim Palace – what an incredible building, didn’t realise it was so big!

The Duke of Marlborough – what a sweetie. The Marquis – what a character!

I enjoyed it. 🙂

(Awaits inevitable crass class comments). 😉

swiss01
    Free Member

richard holmes wrote a fine biography of him a while back. worth a read.

Drac

cinnamon_girl

Love the fluffy one with the pink bow. 😀

Just wondering how old the Duke is and Wiki says he was born in 1926. 😯 Blimey, he’s in brilliant shape then and doesn’t need a walking aid. And, yes, he does walk around the estate.

maccruiskeen

The Aristocrats

disappointed this isn’t the punchline to a very long joke 🙂

The Marquis – what a character!

The pop these people out of a mould somewhere, I’m surrounded by feckers just like him! We stopped watching after a while, we get the same banter floating in through a open window.

cinnamon_girl

The pop these people out of a mould somewhere, I’m surrounded by feckers just like him! We stopped watching after a while, we get the same banter floating in through a open window.

OK, you’re impoverished gentry and live in a workers cottage on an estate with a deer park??? I think we need an explanation!

br
    Free Member

If his Daddy hadn’t been rich and famous he’d have been found dead in a squat/jail/gutter years ago – still wouldn’t trust him with even the key to the pantry…

cinnamon_girl

Why do you think he went off the rails? Would you want the responsibility of being guardian to that pile?

I’m not convinced he’s the best person for the job, despite being clean for 5 years.

maccruiskeen

OK, you’re impoverished gentry and live in a workers cottage on an estate with a deer park??? I think we need an explanation!

I rent a cottage on an estate. His nibs lives in the castle in the garden (actually hardly lives there now) but when his pals hit the skids and get kicked out by their wives they end up being put up in the other cottages so we’ve accrued quite a few red nosed, red trousered neighbours who struggle to keep their cars out of ditches. 🙂

Why do you think he went off the rails?

I know just as many homeless, generationally poor people as I do landed, privileged, wealthy people. Both know that they are despised on principle by the majority of the people they meet. They might as well be loud, they might as well be antisocial, drink, swear, binge – live like there is no tomorrow. They have no reputation to loose. And if they **** up it has no consequence.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I found the whole thing bit I watched quite boring…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The Aristocrats (TV prog that was on a little earlier)’ is closed to new replies.