Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The Archers – the apocalype approaches……..
  • RustySpanner

Finally 🙂

After the eternal whinging and whining of Pol Pat, tedius Tony and their loathsome family, we finally get some decent stotylines;

I thought Amy’s romance with married rotter Carl and the subsequent fallout with Usha and Alan was wonderfully done – well written and very believable.

The return of a radicalised, militantly feminist ‘Feebs’ from the clutches of her awful mother in SA could go either way – Vicky and Hayloi’s badly thought out makeover of the bedroom was a bit obvious, tbh.
    Is it to much to hope she murders the pair of them?

But anyway, what about David, Ruth and co?
    It would seem that he’s definitely decided to testify against Adam’s attackers, the modern day tractor rustlers of old Ambridge Town and their retribution might just be as terrible as we all hope.
    Straw Dogs at Brookfield anyone?

Personally, I hope the whole family get drowned in their new slurry pit.
    And I’ll bet you a flagon of Joe’s cider that the Horrobin’s have something to do with it…….

It all happens next week, apparently.

So, who do you reckon’s for the chop?
    And how?

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s all going a bit East-Enders for my liking. I preferred it when the biggest level of angst was who was going to win the ploughing championships.

cynic-al
    Free Member

this^

There was a trailer saying how it would all come to a head this Thursday or whatever.

Just not British.

RustySpanner

Nah, it’s always been like this:
    Phil’s first wife Grace died in a barn fire (in an attempt to scupper the ratings of ITV’s first night), don’t forget.

We’ve had a good few murders, rape, child abuse, surrogate babies, suicide, armed robbery, fraud, arson, racist attacks, vigilantes, crop circles, homelessness, depression, heroin addiction, alcoholism, dealing with dementia, gay relationships and the and the slaughter of several ferrets – a pretty fair description of everyday country life, if you ask me. 😀

And the ploughing matches are rubbish – Bert Fry always wins.

geetee1972
    Free Member

This is one of those ‘everything is relative’ threads isn’t it 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup you’re probably right Rusty, I think what makes me slightly narked are the trailers that they now run. It’s the Archers for gods sake, if you’re listening to R4 you hardly need reminding of it’s existence of a programme on twice every day.

RustySpanner

I agree about the trailers, they’re awful and insult the intelligence of the listeners.

Also, they ruin the dramatic effect.
    Working out what was going to happen from the little clues in the script has always been a major part of the fun – I think the rot set in with Nigel’s unsuccessful flying lesson.

crikey
    Free Member

Wasn’t it Sean Locke who defined the shortest time period in the universe as the time between the tumpty tumpty of the Archers and the radio going off?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve been getting quite into it, must be old age.

Linda Snell gives me the LOLs.

IanMunro
    Free Member

We’ve had a good few murders, rape, child abuse, surrogate babies, suicide, armed robbery, fraud, arson, racist attacks, vigilantes, crop circles, homelessness, depression, heroin addiction, alcoholism, dealing with dementia, gay relationships and the and the slaughter of several ferrets – a pretty fair description of everyday country life, if you ask me.

Now you mention it, that does tick quite a few boxes
    Last next door neighbor was the local ploughing champion.
    The one before used his house as a drugs drop-off for a local dealer in exchange for drink and fags
    He also broke his legs falling down a ditch drunken from the pub.
    And then his arm when he fell over drunk in his toilet.
    Another neighbour spent 30K on a wedding for her daughter only for the groom to leave her for the best man 6 months later.
    We have an Indian pub landlord, who’s presence has caused several people to be banned for being racist.
    A barn got burnt down a few years back.
    A young bloke who was a promising chef got addicted to heroin and used to live rough in the woods behind me (with permission from the land-owner).
    Oh and there was a human arm found dumped in the lane a couple of years back.
    No ferrets murdered yet though 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Wasn’t it Sean Locke who defined the shortest time period in the universe as the time between the tumpty tumpty of the Archers and the radio going off?

Isn’t that ‘Poetry Please’?, or as it’s normally known ‘Poetry click’

RustySpanner

crikey – Member

Nah, that’s You and Yours.

Ah go on, try the Archers. You just might like it. 🙂

Cooroo
    Free Member

So wanted to slap Amy through the recent fuss. Badly behaved brat. Lots of fun though, and now I see another series of Ambridge Extra downloading itself onto my iPod. Purists may object, but the more the merrier.

RustySpanner

cynic-al – Member

I’ve been getting quite into it, must be old age.

Linda Snell gives me the LOLs.
    Lynda is a wonderful character, absolute comedy genius.

For real urine boiling potential I recommend Susan Carter and her hateful, small minded daughter, ‘Emmur’.
    Only truly excellent actors actors can play such amazingly hateful people.

Cooroo – Member

So wanted to slap Amy through the recent fuss
    Reckon you’d have been at the end of a bloody big queue.
    Bit of a dodgy relationship there between dad and daughter – don’t think we’ve heard the last of that one……..

RustySpanner

PLACE YOUR BETS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The Archers – the apocalype approaches……..’ is closed to new replies.