• This topic has 34 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mt.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The Archers – Puss'cat & Tiger, amongst other things…….
  • RustySpanner

Things are hotting up again………

Will Lill find out about the threats?
    She’ll kill him if she does.
    (Ambridge Extra well worth a listen at the mo).

Why has Pip not been murdered by David & dumped in the new slurry tank?
    And what kind of car has she actually bought?

What’s with all the Godbothering ? Will Emmur snap & drown the angellic Nic in the font?

Can I listen to any more of Tom, Helen, Tony & Pat without losing it completely?

What do you think?

H8trz welcome. You don’t know what you’re missing

😀

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I got sucked in by Ambrige as Flowerpowers car has only one station R4. Couldn’t agree more with Pip thing maybe her car ought to have dodgy brakes or something?

spawnofyorkshire

the stuff with darren and the dogfighters disappeared quickly didn’t it? especially as neil got shot in the process of them being raided by the police

pip annoys me so much and how has she developed such a different accent from the rest of her family

RustySpanner

Wouldn’t that be a blessed relief?

Let’s hope she’s giving Tom & family a lift at the time.
    Why anyone could choose to pick them to feature so heavily is beyond me.
    Humourless, miserable sods the lot of them.
    I cheered when Tony had a heart attack.

The dogfight story had so much potential.
    I hope we’ve not heard the last of dodgy Darrell.
    Can you imagine how much joy it would bring to the world to see Neil arrested?

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m just not about enough at the moment to catch it, and since my mum died my usual source of catching up when I miss stuff is gone too.

What happened to Chris? Last I heard he got got kicked in the knackers by an angry horse. How is Lillian going to find out?

Helen would be right at the front of the queue for people to be marched up to the roof of Lower Loxley and made to do a particularly fiddly banner if I had my way.

I sort of hate it, but can’t help myself… But I need a thorough 3 month catch up to work out what’s really going on at present to be honest.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never mind all that, we really need to know what things are looking like for the Grundy zoider fest!

RustySpanner

I think Clarrie’s new/old accent has had a profund effect on the Grundy family dynamic, tbh Flashy.

I reckon the new production team may have plans for Joe.
    Maggot related plans 😐

spawnofyorkshire

chris is recovering now so there’s less storyline for him.
    Hopefully there’ll be less focus on tom/helen/pat/tony now the herd’s gone

really not a fan of the matt/lillian storyline, but interested to see how it ends. What noise does a new patio make 😈

Junkyard
    Free Member

it never ceases to amaze me [ like the shipping Forecast] as to how often i have heard that and how little I have ever taken in

Soaps are crap even upmarket ones on the Radio- tbh I just dont care what happens to any of them unless there is a threat to replace it with 15 minutes of thought for the day it could be removed for all I care

clubber
    Free Member

I heard some of the archers last week while driving. I had to turn off after about 5 mins as I thought it was awful. Given how good I’ve heard people say it is, I was rather suprised at how bad it seemed. Still each to their own, eh.

spawnofyorkshire

Still each to their own, eh.

yep exactly

I enjoy it despite its hammy acting at times, the podcast means i can bash through a week’s worth in a days commute

flowerpower
    Free Member

‘how is Lillian going to find out?’

Axbridge extra, Matt nearly let it slip. He admitted knowing and hoping it would stop when… Lillian picked up on it, but let it go.

Loving this thread – never thought STW would hit these depths 😉

spawnofyorkshire

Loving this thread – never thought STW would hit these depths

really? How many threads about top gear are there on here? this is dragging STW up IME

flowerpower
    Free Member

Not really complaining, i’m all for the Archers, just used to keeping it hidden as my guilty pleasure!

RustySpanner

Junky/Clubber.

No snobbishness here.

The acting can range from the sublime (Brian, Lillian, Susan, Lynda, Cathy etc) to the awful,
    but they have had some wonderful storylines:
    The relaxed pace allows serious stories to be given the space they deserve –
    Cathy’s rape storyline was utterly superb. Played out over years, we witnessed the effect this had on her & the relationships she had with others.

Jack’s dementia was brilliantly portrayed – an ongoing story that was never rushed, but heartbreaking in it’s honesty.

You need to put the hours in though – worth it imo.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m not being snobby. I’d happily watch stuff that no doubt many would consider beneath them… I was just expecting more from it given how I’ve heard it described. As I said, each to their own.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ex Archers addict here but just cant stand the yoof in the show, Pip shoot her in the face 😯

The there are the rest, Pat and Tony the misery never ends, Helen Oh God how can anyone be so miserable. David and Ruth dull dull dull

The Grundys have lost there lustre, the only reason the listen was the Snells and Pusscat but they got tedious with daft storylines.

Brian and Jennifer aaaaaaaarrrgghhhhh stop it Adam and Debbie snore

Glad to of left it behind.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No snobbishness here.

I dont like soaps does that really make me a snob?
    Flounces

BigJohn

I’ve been an avid listener for many years but it seems there is a real shortage of characters I like, hence care about.

And:

Oi! New Clarrie! Give the Pam Ayers impression a break.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I thought they changed Clarrie, that confused the crap out of me, they shouldn’t do that, just kill the character…

RustySpanner

There’s been two Clarries:
    The original, t’other one (with the slightly ott accent) then the original one again!

Oh and the snobbishness remark was aimed at myself, you gits.
    No difference between a Weatherfield, Ambridge or Albert Square addict imo.
    I just prefer Ambridge.
    Became addicted after being ubable to turn off whilst being stuck in the shower after listening to the 18:30 comedy!

flowerpower
    Free Member

Oh… that reminds me of Sid and Jolene 🙂

RustySpanner

Voms.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Became addicted after being ubable to turn off whilst being stuck in the shower after listening to the 18:30 comedy!

Of all the things to crack one off to 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

For the love of God flowerpower why would you bring up that dark episode 😥

bearnecessities

Pip’s a girl?

I must concentrate more.

unklehomered
    Free Member

No, Pip is Satan, wearing a girl-suit.

They should not do children, they’re no good at it. Daniel as a child was horrific.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Given how good I’ve heard people say it is

Who ever said it was any good, it’s the banalty of it al that makes it compulsive…

spawnofyorkshire

Who ever said it was any good, it’s the banalty of it al that makes it compulsive…

+1

I grew up in a rural community and sometimes it’s eerily bang on, other times it’s ludicrous mind, but on the whole i enjoy it

flowerpower
    Free Member

Go Brenda…

RustySpanner

Go Brenda…

Girl got made since she kicked Abe Froman into touch.

I’d still rather have a walk up Lakey Hill with Kirsty or Fallon though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fallon? Skilled and enthusiastic, I would imagine.

RustySpanner

Good looking daughter of a landlady?
    Sings in a band?
    Decent sense of humour and a terrible need to be loved?

Still, my beating trousers.

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

There’s been two Clarries:
    The original, t’other one (with the slightly ott accent) then the original one again!

She sounds more like Pam Ayres than Pam Ayres does!

mt
    Free Member

You leave the godess that Pam Ayres out of this!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘The Archers – Puss'cat & Tiger, amongst other things…….’ is closed to new replies.