Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)
  • The apprentice.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Starts a new series tonight on the beeb. I normally hate reality TV but the apprentice is just a different level of stupid and for that reason I can’t wait. Roll out the BS bingo.

Drac

I quite like it for the the behavioural aspects of the people but the last one I didn’t really enjoy.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

old hat innit

Coyote
    Free Member

I really can’t watch this as I find that the “contestants” irritate my Dark Passenger. It’s one of the few programmes that you would be hard pushed to parody as in itself it is utterly ridiculous.

granny_ring

Bring it on, love it. 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ss-59fi4nM[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s one of the few programmes that you would be hard pushed to parody as in itself it is utterly ridiculous

It IS a parody. It’s not a serious business challenge – how boring would that be to watch? It’s a platform to make fun of people who love themselves far too much.

crazy-legs

Yep, can’t wait.
    Cringeworthy, car-crash TV! Great for a game of bullshit bingo. 😉

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Having heard the trailers for it on the radio I can’t wait to see Mr “Effortless Superiority” working it out and wowing us, the humble and subservient public. 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

I quite like it for negative, counter productive, not how truly successful people work the the behavioural aspects of the people but the last one I didn’t really enjoy.

FIFY

binners

I do enjoy it. The lack of self-awareness on display is absolutely breath-taking.

Everyone in the country thinks they are a bunch of utter and complete ****s!!! And they seem hell bent on demonstrating this with their every word and action. Yet they seem to have convinced themselves that the total opposite is in fact true. Incredible!

Can you imagine ending up working with one of them as your boss? 😯

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can you imagine ending up working with one of them as your boss?

I shudder to think.

DezB
    Free Member

Everyone in the country thinks they are a bunch of utter and complete ****s!

I try my best to avoid utter and complete ****s… so why the fudge would I want to watch them on TV? I don’t get it at all.

binners

So you can stare in total disbelief at the weapons-grade bell-endery on display. Its truly staggering!!!

crazy-legs

So you can stare in total disbelief at the weapons-grade bell-endery on display. Its truly staggering!!!

^^ This. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It is great car crash TV and enjoyable to watch. I love the ironical introductions about “some of Britain’s top young entrepreneurs” when everyone watching knows exactly why they have been chosen!!! When will someone have the balls to say to Shir Allan, you know mate the best way to make some dosh is to buy a load of property and ride the boom. Much better than computers and phones no one wants.

Will the court case dampen down his eye for candy?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never watched it tbh

Reality tv seems to me to be the modern equivalent of the circus freak show where we get to stare point and laugh at folk ..it cheapens us all

Wrings hands and feels sad 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thats a good point JY and there is an element of exploitation/freak show about them esp BB. Perhaps the only mitigating factor is the fact that they happily and willingly volunteer. Do they not realise that there are easier ways to have self delusion bubbles popped?!?

On the self delusion/aggrandisement point, it’s funny how Shir A feels te need to have his chair raised so that he is the tallest on that side of the TV studio, sorry boardroom table. Like Sarkozy’s and Cowell’s platform shoes! All a little sad.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s also a bit sad to laugh at shortarses – especially very successful ones. Says a lot about the one laughing.

Anyway, wot JY says +1.

A lot of this stuff seems like laughing at the afflicted sometimes – though how “afflicted” the candidates on The Apprentice are is up for debate.

As an aside last night as I was flicking through the channels, it seems that reality TV’s current favourite victims subject is hoarders (I realise this is not news), apart from the fat, who will always provide good fodder. There were three different programmes featuring hoarders on various channels and I notice the BBC is starting a show on them this (?) week. Some of these people are clearly ill and I feel a little uncomfortable in gawping at them in the guise of them being helped.

Legoman
    Free Member

weapons-grade bell-endery

brilliant… I will be using that phrase at every available opportunity!

binners

The type of people who go on the Apprentice are there for one reason only. To announce their undisputed genius to an eagerly awaiting nation.

And the thing is that nothing, not even the total contempt and richly deserved derision of an entire country, will make the slightest dent on their monstrous, planet-sized ego’s. They’re all, without fail, utterly vile human beings, and deserve everything they get

Just having a look through the The Candidates, this quote stood out:

“I am a great of my generation. I’m an innovator and leader in business. I take inspiration from Napoleon; I am here to conquer!”

Anybody who can let a statement like that pass their lips deserves to be mocked mercilessly for their utter ****ishness, wouldn’t you say?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Morning Norman. Good miss on the “sad bit” bit, plus ca change. Funny does not have to mean “ha, ha” BTW!! Says a lot about folk looking for an argument when there isn’t one.

The point is that it is sad that apparently successful people feel the need to compensate for their height when there is no reason. Just shows that money doesn’t always buy you happiness or inner confidence.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good reality TV teaches us about psychology.

Bad reality TV is pointing and laughing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bad reality TV is pointing and laughing.

Agreed. Bit sad to see it on forums too. Especially, long drawn out fairly boring posts.

binners

I think you’ve got that the wrong way around Molly 😉

brakes
    Free Member

I find that the “contestants” irritate my Dark Passenger

sorry, your what?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anybody who can let a statement like that pass their lips deserves to be mocked mercilessly for their utter ****ishness, wouldn’t you say?

I think they need help rather than publicity ina national tv programme where this will be highlighted to a nation…cant see how it helps them or us tbh- can you ?

PS has Cove applied?

labsey
    Free Member

“I am a great of my generation. I’m an innovator and leader in business. I take inspiration from Napoleon; I am here to conquer!”

That’s going on the C.V.

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t watch The Apprentice because my television can’t take having heavy objects thrown at it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t watch The Apprentice because my television can’t take having heavy objects thrown at it.

I just throw my Ugg Boots at it instead.

binners

What reaction do you think you’d get if you told them they needed professional help then JY? A positive one?

They’re not mentally ill FFS!! Unless you count terminal narcissism? They’re just me-me-me, attention-seeking idiots, with egos the size of continental plates. There’s a pretty big difference

binners

labsey – another one for you:

“some people might come to this process with a game plan. I just feel my effortless superiority will take me all the way”

I think I’ll be using that one in meetings from now on 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Calm down dear – do you need help 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

Ha well I’m not so negative about the show, though yeah most of them are self obsessed and clueless about how they are perceived – but then so are many successful people so maybe that helps?!

James Max was a fine chap but I think they realized people like him are a bit dull for the show – far more fun to watch people trying to charge £10 to dry clean a pillow case or whatever.

sc-xc

brakes – Member
    I find that the “contestants” irritate my Dark Passenger
    sorry, your what?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Was a big fan from the start but the novelty has worn off, it is worth watching just for the interviews at the end though.

gave up on the last series…. two classic bits that stick in my mind.

this tw*t

his interview was amazing, he reckons he had some licence for an ISP and the guy found out he didnt, so in the interview he grilled him and he lied beyond madness until he finally gave in and admitted it.

there was one task (i think in the same series) where they had to bake bread and rolls for top class london hotels, anyway one team totally cocked up and only made about 50 rolls not the 2000 that was ordered one apprentice had to go and tell the head chef why they only had 50 rolls…. you thought the guy was going to deck him!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Never watched it beyond 10 mins of one episode and 4 of another. I detest the fact that BBC money is spent on it.

It promotes an idea that “business” is everything
    It suggests that if you act like a **** in work you can get ahead
    SURALAN is a knobend
    I would not employ anyone who ever applied for the Apprentice.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s light entertainment, not business. And for those who spot the irony, it’s pure comedy on top. I wish Margaret was still there, she played her part better than Brady.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

A touch of eye candy this year as well.

crazy-legs

A touch of eye candy this year as well.

Massively offset by the utter bollocks that they’re speaking…

“I’m half machine!”
    😯 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 152 total)

The topic ‘The apprentice.’ is closed to new replies.