Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Alien has landed ??
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I saw this tree today which appeared to have been shrink-wrapped – the stuff even felt like polythene – but it must be some kind of secretion – tree or insect I'm not sure. I half expected to find small animals embedded in the matrix, pleading with their eyes to be killed!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Was you in sleepy hollow? Night Riding would be much fun there – and a lot quicker than normal..

iDave
    Free Member

moth larvae

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

moth larvae

there were a lot of things that looked like egg cases…

CountZero

There have been long stretches of hedgerow down here in the South-West with something very similar and that's some type of moth. A tree covered with it though is quite something. I'd have taken slow, discrete steps backward before running like hell…

MrNutt
    Free Member

its caterpillars, fuxkin wit ya. that is all.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You touched it?!?!?

Be afraid, very afraid and don't fall asleep

If you do fall asleep, when you wake up, you'll be cocooned in the stuff. You disturbed them. They hold a grudge and never forget!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'd have taken slow, discrete steps backward before running like hell…

it was quite scary! Rosie was trying to persuade someone to carry a sample home but I was afraid something might bore into me…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Cool!
    Remembered seeing it on the beeb earlier in the year
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/essex/hi/people_and_places/nature/newsid_8746000/8746241.stm

Coyote
    Free Member

Go back. With fire. NOW!

Phototim
    Free Member

Someone told me about this. Its some sort of non native moth or caterpillar or whatnot and I think you are supposed to report it if you see it. I don't know who you are supposed to report it to though!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have reported it! To STW central 🙂 That link says it's silk of the Bird Cherry Ermine moth larvae.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Report it to your local Cocoonstable.

chorlton
    Free Member

GET TO DA CHOPPA!

MrNutt
    Free Member

FLAMEFROWAAAAAA!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Alien has landed ??’ is closed to new replies.