Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The Aldi Bike Promo Scrum
  • rascal
    Free Member

Fancied a look at the premium jersey so thought I’d nip down for 10am before I go on a ride. 50ish people queuing to get in – about 6th through the door and made a b-line straight to the biking gear. Had about 5 seconds to hunt the jersey before a was surrounded by 20 people all throwing stuff into their baskets – arms flailing everywhere* – crazy madness. Is it like that with every bike gear day? There’ll be nothing worth having by 11! Jersey pretty good actually – plus socks, gloves and glasses all for £24!

*slight exaggeration

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Luckily Didcot is full of lazy fat arses so I only had to fight through the frozen meal crowds to get my jacket and shorts. Only other bike bits buyer I saw was getting a CO2 inflater.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I popped down at 11:30 expecting everything to have gone, but strangely everything looked untouched.

The previous weeks MTB gloves were half price too, bonus

Klunk
    Free Member

mayhem when the wife popped in @ 10.15

mikertroid
    Free Member

Clear aisles in Amesbury at 1015! Lots of stock. Happy days!

allthepies
    Free Member

Top tip for Aldi/lidl offer days.

Go to the shop the evening before, about 30 mins before closing. All the next days stuff will be put out and available for sale sans scrum.

Message ends.

disco_stu
    Free Member

There was quite a bit of stuff left out at Edgbaston Aldi when I went in yesterday, picked up some bib shorts and the lycra shorts. I tried the lycra shorts out on my commute this morning – good amount of padded, it will be interesting to see how they hold up over time.

lunge

Plenty still left in the Stourbridge store yesterday. Bought the wife a couple of jersey’s which are actually very nice indeed.

z1ppy

they must have restocked then in Stourbridge, as there was bugger all Sunday, though I managed to pick up one of their t-shirt’s with full length zip, me likey!

muddy9mtb

surrounded by 20 people all throwing stuff into their baskets – arms flailing everywhere* – crazy madness

is it really unique to sundays? I find everyday is like that at aldi doncaster 🙄
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gVXunPgNdc[/video]

cp

well the mitts are very disappointing compared to either the winter gloves or the mtb gloves the other week.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Pleased with my £4.99 Co2 inflator, no scrum in the Manchester Aldi.

benp1

Panniers are exactly the same as Lidl had a few weeks ago

Aldi price – £15
    Lidl price – £10

Still cheap at £15 though!

binners

Its the same at our nearest Aldi. its cleaned out by lunchtime. However, where I work, the general populace around the local Aldi seem to have about as much desire to go cycling as to go to the moon. So you can go in weeks later and theres still loads in. Which s nice.

fenn27
    Free Member

Pretty busy in Towcester sunday morning, but not a full scrum.

The red backpack is awesome for 15 quid

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Im rapidly going off Aldi/Lidl stuff. Cheap but it doesnt last very long at all…

cookeaa

I wouldn’t buy Aldi/Lidl Lycra or shoes now but most other thing’s I’d consider, might pop in next week and see if there’s anything still left (ideally marked down), but I’ll not go out of my way to buy it…

welshfarmer

Almost everything was still there by the bin full in Abergavenny this afternoon. Just the casual shorts were thin on the ground

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Penrith still has a mountain of crap available – looks like the manager had a bit an adrenaline rush when ordering. I spent £60 on utter garbage – again. Including a £10 helmet for the wife as a ‘joke’ birthday present. Oh how we’ll laugh.

geoffj

My local still has an Edge 200 in the cabinet. Picked up some socks and a gel saddle for Junior 2 yesterday.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

How long before the seagulls (mine mineeeee) are listing it on eBay at double the price lol

stumpy01

Went into one of the Peterborough Aldi shops on the way past today.
    I ended up risking a pair of bib shorts, which appear to be really comfy. Not been on the bike in them, but they fit well and the pad seems loads better than the ones in their winter tights that I bought.

I also bought a couple of pairs of sunglasses for £1.99 each. I got a pair of dark ones and a pair of yellow lenses. They felt surprisingly comfortable.

Tried on the sosoftshell jacket which seemed fine, but figured I don’t need one at the moment. Might go back though and get one, as it seems like too good a bargain to miss. Worth it just as a wind proof gilet with the sleeves zipped off, I suppose.

Set of lights for £4.99 looked good too and the kids bike helmets also looked brilliant for the money.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The Aldi Bike Promo Scrum’ is closed to new replies.