Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The agony of 'nearly built'…
  • matt_outandabout

One extra long length cable outer.
    One extra long length hydro hose/olives/barbs.
    One different front mech.

All things I lack, despite my neighbour (and fellow forumite) generosity and efforts…

Oh the frustration… Anyone else done similar?

thepodge
    Free Member

Riding singlespeed means I’d only need one of those three

kristoff
    Free Member

I have a couple of spare front mechs if that’s any help Matt? 🙂

survivor

Feeling your pain. Got a build waiting for it’s wheels. New LBS teething troubles. Kinda wished I’d ordered them myself now but was trying to be supportive. These things happen though….

scaredypants

very poor shedmanship – lose ten house points 🙄

chestrockwell

My full suss has been like pulling teeth. I finally got it built up last week but am still waiting for tyres and need to shorten the brake hoses. Don’t really want to do that without a bleed kit but need the bike before I can get one. Gar!

pguy78
    Free Member

Yep just finished my Bandit tonight after having to wait for a hope hose connector a breaking the original one on the weekend removing the old cable. It was all the little bits which held it up, headset spacers, cable outers and the like.

matt_outandabout

@kristoff – it’s an odd E / E2 mount 3×9 I am after, and CRC’s descriptions are ambiguous….grrr

johnnystorm

Steerer too short……Argh!

matt_outandabout

Steerer is a deal breaker 🙁

Thankfully mine is a wait on a delivery of shiny parts 🙂

Mattbike

I’m got a titus 29er which is a seatpost away from being fully built. Realised the spare i had was 31.6 not 30.9, arrghh! New one is on order.

Bedds
    Free Member

I’ve got a Capra on order, sat in the shed is a set of barbs, hose cutter, an invisi frame kit, and e-13 tube less valves.. just need the bike now 🙁

chestrockwell

Having ordered from Cycle Surgery on Sunday I’ve just had an email to say the tyres have been dispatched and will be here within 4/5 working days! 😐

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The agony of 'nearly built'…’ is closed to new replies.