Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The age old "budget smartphone" question.
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Is there anything better than the Wileyfox Swift for under £150? It’s for MrsMonkey, she doesn’t want anything bigger than 5″ so the new Moto G is out.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

one plus x?
    A little bit more than 150

flyingmonkeycorps

Aye I looked at the X but tbh I don’t think she’ll see much benefit from the extra outlay, she’s not a heavy user – whatsapp, BBC news and Facebook are about it.

matt_outandabout

“Old” Moto G (3rd gen), the more powerful one.

mogrim

I’ve got a Wileyfox Swift, very happy with it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got a Ulefone directly from china, more than 5″ and 2 days battery means it weighs a bit more than a ‘normal’ phone, but it was* ace. They do smaller phones too, the vienna looks nice and promises a decent headphone output.

*dropped the bloody thing through the bottom of a ziplock bag whilst getting ready for a ride, the bag hadn’t been sealed on all three sides 🙁

flyingmonkeycorps

@matt – the 3rd gen Moto G was the other option, but the Swift has a slightly better spec for the money (2gb / 16gb vs 1gb / 8gb is the main difference).

@tinas – do Chinese phones still have issues with banking apps and such, or is that a thing of the past? Also I did exactly the same with my weeks old G3 about a year ago, it survived though.

Kamakazie

Have a look a the Vodaphone Smart offerings.
    Most are extremely good for the money and can typically be unlocked with a code available on eBay

Bought 2 different versions and both are great.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Without wanting to hijack, which one of this lot has the best camera? By which I mean nicest pictures, not necessarily highest megapixels.

miketually
    Free Member

Second hand Sony Zsomething Compact

steffy-boy
    Free Member

Moto-g 3rd gen. The one with 2gb-ram 16gb storage. Takes as card as well.

dannybgoode

Whatever the latest Moto-g is. New one just come out, slightly over budget but only by a smidge and a dammed fine phone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The age old "budget smartphone" question.’ is closed to new replies.