Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • The AA – what a joke…
  • NZCol

<whispers> So did i but i was on a very tedious tele conference and he seemed to be getting a bit wound up so i thought i would egg him on a bit.

Sorry mate, agree, that is a bit harsh to not turn up – twice. If they are busy then they need to sort out their business model.

LHS
    Free Member

Classic stw this thread.

Indeed.

Mind boggles what some people must put up with for level of service!! You pay for something, you expect to recieve it! 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Everyone having a go at the op …..

I think it’s more a case of trying to put the OP’s indignation into some sort of common-sense perspective considering the exceptional circumstances. Specially as he freely admits that he is perfectly capable of organising an alternative solution. A solution which in case he might have to rely on even if the AA does turn up, as although I don’t have Home Start myself, I’m fairly sure it isn’t a repair service.

“Mind boggles what some people must put up with for level of service!! You pay for something, you expect to recieve it!”

I’m sure he will ……. maybe when the weather has thawed out a little ? I agree with the comment that many people are probably quite happy to accept a lower level of service and do not expect miracles though.

“The AA dealt with 24,000 breakdowns yesterday, compared with the normal UK weekday figure of 10,500, and handled as many as 2,500 calls an hour. Calls to the RAC peaked at 3,000 an hour, with dead batteries the most common problem.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/07/cold-weather-snow-forecast-uk

So that’s well over twice the normal amount of call outs then. I guess that would be bad enough to deal with, if road conditions were normal and with the normal level of staff. And try to imagine what 3000 calls an hour must be like if the organisation isn’t geared up for it.

cynic-al – Member
    Classic stw this thread.

Everyone having a go at the op and twisting his words presumably for a bit of fun.

STR FWIW (not much I’d expect) I think you’ve got a perfectly reasonable point, but no doubt you’ll be prepared and get the bus next time

Not much??? You’re joking aren’t you – agreement from al is almost akin to receiving a compliment from stumo…..

NZCol – no worries mate

Truck now up and running – local garage. Fitting a new fuel filter later just in case.

Truck died again, fortunately a new fuel filter sorted it.

vim fuego – I’d rather be broken down all week than drive an LDV still.

Oh, and I’m sure your cheap crap LDV’s still suffer from water in the fuel system occassionally.

At least I’ve learned something and seen how the fuel filter fits and the new one has a bleed system to remove excess water.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘The AA – what a joke…’ is closed to new replies.