Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The 2009 Singletrack Classic Weekender, July 4-5
  • Ben_Haworth

Get your diaries and your pencils out ladies and gentlemenÖ

On the weekend of July 4th-5th there will be a brand-new old-style event taking place – the Singletrack Classic Weekender!

The event will include three mandatory riding disciplines – XC, Downhill and ìClassicî Trials.

The idea is that you compete in all the different disciplines. And you must do them all on one bike.

Points will be awarded for each discipline. All your points will be deducted if you donít compete in a discipline. Thereíll be trophies for winners and lots of spot prizes given out to other competitors and ìhave-a-go heroesî.

Donít be put off by the word ìTrialsî. This eventís Classic Trials discipline wonít involve leaping up large boulders or hopping around on your back wheel. Itíll be much more doable by mortals on regular bikes. Itíll still be quite tricksy riding but more about about balance and control than leaping about on or off things.

The Classic Trials and Downhill will take place on the Saturday, the XC stuff will take place on the Sunday.

The 2009 Singletrack Classic Weekender will be hosted at the Adrenaline Gatewayís Lee Quarry, Lancashire.

Weíre still working out exactly how much the entry fee will be but weíre aiming for sub-£30. This will get you entry into all three discplines, and also cover your camping and car parking. Hopefully weíll be able to do a ìkids go freeî for any under-16s that want to give it a go too.

Weíll let you know when weíve worked it all out and youíre able to enter.

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds brilliant that, can you do one a bit further south too? 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

DezB – Do you want me to add something like this to the Big Bike Bash competitions list?

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/

DezB
    Free Member

Why not! (although you can skip the trials bit) 😉

sofatester
    Free Member

How are the folks on here with 10+ bikes going to choose just one?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Damn, it’s a bit too far from where I live…. Can you move it over the hill?? 😀

wildrnes
    Free Member

ahh perfect
    well a perfect clash with the passporte du solei

I might be able to make the 5th…..

chipps

Hmm, and how about a prize for best result on a pre ’98 or so bike?

takisawa2

Why not include some lake jumping to re-kindle that good ol’ Malverns era…

nickc

Too North…Cracking idea though

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No trials at BBB? I was hoping for some; I’ve even sent me wig and gown off to be cleaned.

‘And we, of the STW Massive, hereby sentence you to death, for the heinous crime of riding a fixie with stupid short handlebars’.

‘But M’Lud, the defendant is surely innocent, as his freehub had seized’

‘Not in my book he’s not; I don’t like his face. Take him to the place of execution, whereupon he shall be battered with chains and Bombers until he be dead.’

wildrnes
    Free Member

make it pre 1990 and you are on…

rOcKeTdOg

trials = the BBB trackstand competition which i aim to win (and may even practice for)

rOcKeTdOg

ha, that scared you!

CraigNicholson
    Free Member

I’m defo up for this one! Not ridden for about 8 years so I need to get in shape! LOL

What a great idea lads!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

takisawa2 – Member

Why not include some lake jumping to re-kindle that good ol’ Malverns era…

We could use Cowm res… 🙂 Brrrrrrr

ourmaninthenorth

Sounds marvellous. I’ll stick some gears (7 speed, natch) on the old Kona, find my matching purple Kona lycra shorts, and act like it’s ’93 all over again!

hora
    Free Member

I’m in. Is there a mailing list? My email addy is markhoracekuk (AT) yahoo .com.

It’ll be waa’rm then :oD

simonralli2
    Free Member

This sounds like good fun and could well co-incide with me, bike and camping equipment being back in the UK. Other competitors I hasten to add really have nothing to fear if I enter. I take it people can enter for fun, even if they are pretty rubbish compared to the standard level of biking ability?

Ben_Haworth

People can only enter for fun 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah right – as it would be great for the social side of things and to meet people but the sound of DH scares me silly and I would probably have to take it slowly, never actually having had 2 wheels in the air as of yet, and the sound of trails is the sound of enormous amounts of dabbing. I’d obviously try my best but you know, wouldnt say I have much in the way of balance. Just my happy go lucky XC riding where occasionally I manage not to get lost

🙂

rOcKeTdOg

if we are re creating Malvern classics we need to arrange a stabbing in the dance tent surely?

pants
    Free Member

This only clashes with the EVENT of the Year….”Are You Tough Enough” 09

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

i cant wait, might do it on a SS, will be tough round there……….

chipps

We’re also looking to recreate ‘Classic’ dual slalom… i.e. A big grassy slope, unbermed corners and ineffective 2in suspension bikes, Oakley chin masks and foam elbow pads. And bar ends 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The 2009 Singletrack Classic Weekender, July 4-5’ is closed to new replies.