• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by daern.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • the '18 shoes from eurobike thing' over there >
  • ton

wtf, are all the designers blind (no disrespect meant).

but seriously, colour blind? gary glitter boots?

just hideous

tomhoward

It’s ok grandad, we’ll go into town at the weekend and get you some nice brown slippers 😉

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I’m with ya ton. They’re pretty hideous. I’m 47 ffs, can’t wear most of those

andyl
    Free Member

where are the SPD mounts on the leather boots?

frankconway

Truly hideous – with 2 possible exceptions; fugly is an inadequate description.

Giro techlace is OK but I don’t see any benefit in combining laces and BOA; I can see the point of the Northwave Yeti but it will have extremely limited market.

As for Lake – the BOA obsessives – they seem to have taken their design inspiration from the site boots available from Srcrewfix.

Vaude????? Every one of theirs is truly vomit inducing.

In the interests of disclosure – I have a pair of NW Celsius boots which are a bit ‘….look at me’; a pair of Lake road boots & a pair of their mtb shoes but both companies seem to have strayed from their usual standards.

No doubt there will be enough (mug) punters to justfy the design & marketing hype……

shifter
    Free Member

Apart from the leather Lakes I’d happily wear any of those.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The afton ones look decent, but not like they’re very weather proof.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Definitely a gap in the market for a SDP version of these 😀

RustySpanner

Boa laces? No.

Fluro? No.

£150 for a pair of far eastern plastic daps?
    Utter shysters.

Sandwich

Most of those wouldn’t look out of place in upper class or business on a scheduled flight. 😀

stumpy01

Hmmm. There are some ‘interesting’ fashion statements in that article, although I’d wear quite a few of them.

The Vaude Snar Pro looks pretty good, and the cheaper Snar advanced too – perhaps not in bright green though.

The Lake ‘hiking’ boots look great, but I imagine I’d need to carry a large axe around with me to complete the look.

The Northwave Yeti winter boots look fine for the job they are intended for & I like the idea of the Raptor show with the built-in gaiter for winter riding – I don’t think I’d need a full on winter boot, but they look like they’d be a good halfway house – the roadie version looks good too for commuters.

The Shimano MT-3 and MT-7 look OK, but again I’m not sure I’d choose those colours.

Finally, the Pearl Izumi X-Alp elevate looks OK too….

The thing is with shoes on a stand like that is that they are going to be displaying all the gaudy colours to get people’s attention. If they stuck a load of black and dark grey shoes on the stand people would just walk past. Most of those shoes will probably be available in bright colours for the ‘fashion’ conscious and more muted versions for everyone else.

chiefgrooveguru

I have no idea what you’re moaning about. I wear these:

😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

(It was in First, though!)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Totz agree. this green is basically the most horrible colour in existence

nickc

most of those are pretty cool, not a massive fan of boa, but after a couple of weeks of UK conditions you can’t tell the colour of anything really…

daern
    Free Member

I actually rather like most of these, tbh. Looking forward to the new Northwave boots and could certainly be tempted by a pair of these:

Not all are to my taste, but most of them look quite appealing to me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘the '18 shoes from eurobike thing' over there >’ is closed to new replies.