Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thats it, the swampthings are coming out!!
  • Vortexracing

Just come back from a ride with Paul from work, Northwest is like the bloody somme, but the good news is the the reservoirs round Rivington are filling up nicley, so the hosepipe ban may get lifted soon

Time to resurrect the Swampthings and put the Nobby Nics and Racing Ralphs up in the loft for next year.

Funny enough I think I enjoyed the ride better than when it's in the dry. 🙄

Up at Kentmere on Friday, I think i'll need a canoe for that one.

Jammy111
    Free Member

probably be at kentmere on friday as well. dont really have any wet/muddy tyres though, should be fun???

Vortexracing

Funny enough we were up there last Friday as well, (it's becoming a fridya afternoon habit) it's more like riding down a river, than muddy.

ken_shields
    Free Member

FFS rain would be cool, it's so dry at Woburn at the moment and getting sandier by the day.

In fact it's so sandy I caught a German putting his towel at the top of the rollercoaster 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

we've had no real rain for a couple of months now

Jammy111
    Free Member

cool, think we might be attempting the three passes with the option of missing out garburn if the weather is crap. any ideas for a full day ride on thurs, and a shorter one of sat morning?
    dont want to end up pedalling through a bog so might give walana scar another go on saturday, seemed like it would drain well when we were there last… hows high street in the wet, i've never done it before.

ampthill

Woburn did get slightly firmer after the showers last weekend but "towels out" is a good way of putting it at the moment.

It really is a country divided in the moment. Here its like living in the South of france at the moment. Nothing under 20 foot tall is still alive in the garden. It just looks like a scene from a Geldoff appeal. Its after 10:00 all the doors and windows are open and I'm sweating in a T-shirt. You guys in the rain really aren't that far away. But weather wise it cold be a 1000 miles.

The idea of going on a muddy bike ride during a hose pipe ban is odd

THe long term forcast is for the high to push further north so it may dry out for you yet

neninja
    Free Member

My mud tyre are coming back out. 2 weeks non-stop rain now – so far it's not got too cloggy but after the thunderstorms tonight I think that it will.

Vortexracing

A route outside of ambleside with a finish at Jenkins crag is usually a good short one Jammy111.

full dayer might be better if you head off towards Grizedale, no end of BW in there

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thats it, the swampthings are coming out!!’ is closed to new replies.