Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • That's it, I've decided – Vitamin P it is!
  • psychle
    Free Member

Have been pondering and agonizing on this for weeks (months even!), but have finally decided today, hurrah! Basic thought/conclusion is that if I’m going to own a Mojo HD (which I am) then I should really go with the one colour that’s exclusive to the frame, Vitamin P… plus, it does look good, at least in pics, yet to see one in the flesh!

So the deposit has been paid and one Mojo HD 140 in electric Vitamin P is now on order, estimated delivery Feb/Mar 2011! 😯 Gives me time to sell and save I guess… 😆

Now… what to build it up with? Thinking a set of custom I9 Enduro wheels would be nice, built by Chaz Curry at CC Tweaked (met him at the London Bike Show, good chap to chat with, very knowledgeable). Already have the brakes and drivetrain (Formula The Ones, Sram stuff, Saint cranks), need to decide on a fork though… happy days! 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

Or get a 160 and then swop the chips out that will be out soon…

WINNER!

julianwilson
    Free Member

I thoght this was going to be a thread about pasties (for this is what ‘Vitamin P’ means down here).

That is a marmite of a colour, psychle! Personally I think its ace!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I want a Tranny

cynic-al
    Free Member

No need to discuss your private life!

psychle
    Free Member

Or get a 160 and then swop the chips out that will be out soon…

WINNER!

Would still be a pretty long waiting time I think… plus, I’m more interested in running this as a HD 140, so would prefer to get the right shock at the time of purchase… when I do decide to run it as a 160 I’ll be using a coil shock I think 🙂

I want a Tranny

So do I actually… but then my Ibis fanboi-ness might just be reaching absolute nerd/stalker/freak levels…

ojom
    Free Member

Nah go with air.

Chunky – i have been mulling it over as well… they are fun but hard work to keep in a straight line. And that’s not even the bike.

glenh
    Free Member

Surely vitamin P = bacon?

ojom
    Free Member

mmm bacon

right- off to cafe.

AlexSimon

Good colour choice! White seems to be available now, so it must have been hard to go with Vit P.
    I haven’t seen it in the flesh – Llandegla (who were the only shop to have sold one at the time) said it was more yellow than green, but it looks different in just about every photo.

I’m sure it’ll be great.

Not sure about what forks you should get. Everyone on MTBR seems to be going for the 2011 Fox Float 36 or Talas. For some reason that makes me want to go with something completely different – maybe the Bos Deville or something similarly obscure.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member

Chunky – i have been mulling it over as well… they are fun but hard work to keep in a straight line. And that’s not even the bike.

?

topps
    Free Member

mine looks more yellow then green.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Danger **** buddy 8)

psychle
    Free Member

It’s amazing how this colour looks totally different on almost every photo I see of it, does it change depending on light or something? Looking forward to the day I have a big brown box with Ibis emblazoned on it sitting on my living room floor, ohhhh yes indeedy!

druidh
    Free Member

It is definitely more yellow than it looks in those photos.

psychle
    Free Member

I shall be calling this bike ‘The Bumblebee’ then… might sort out a snazzy little bumblebee mascot sticker even! 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

hopefully, unlike topps, you won’t have used up all the money buying it so you can’t afford any shoes.

heihei

My VitP is sitting in Head for the Hils in Dorking waiting for me to get back from a business trip to Asia. Have gone with the 160 and have ordered the Limbo chips as and when available with a view to picking up a used RP23 to run at 140. Just bought some pimp Twenty20 flats in green so I hope it’s not too yellow or else they will clash horribly!!

Woody
    Free Member

Couldn’t wait that long for a frame. I’d have changed my mind at least 6 times before it arrived and the colour might be passé by then.

looks alright I suppose and I found a colour match

Only joking !

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘That's it, I've decided – Vitamin P it is!’ is closed to new replies.