Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • That'll buff out, right?
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Bloody Peak District rocks.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d be heavy ignoring that

cokie

Looks steel, it’ll be fine.
    Crack on!

(Looks painful though. Must have been going some or did you get hooked up on something?)

sandwicheater

And this is why i never look too closely at my bike, blissful ignorance.

I’d likely carry on riding that.

flyingmonkeycorps

Oh I’m completely ignoring it, already hoofed it round a local loop since I noticed it. Might put some paint on it so I can’t see when it rusts.

Pretty sure it was a flicked up rock down Lockerbrook, I have an almost matching bruise on my leg!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Big dent that. Downtube is under tension so not a problem.

Klunk
    Free Member

onandon
    Free Member

Carry on riding.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Could be worse, could be carbon.

ebennett

I’ve got 2 of those on my downtube from Peak District rocks, they’re badges of honour 😆

Thought I’d picked up another one on Monday when I heard/felt a massive clang off the down-tube, surprisingly nothing there though I’ll probably find it on one of the rare occasions that the bike is actually clean. Did convince me to to buy a rockguard though…

flyingmonkeycorps

I keep meaning to cut up an old tyre and zip tie it on. Effort though! Maybe I’ll do it when I rebuild the Rocket.

finbar
    Free Member

Inbred?

flyingmonkeycorps

Close, 456. In Evo2 flavour.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Authentic battle damage!

P7 has had one of those since the before time, the long long ago.

P7 remains OK.

chilled76
    Free Member

Get it cleaned up and put some hammerite anti rust primer on it asap or that WILL corrode and write the frame off eventually.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get it cleaned up and put some hammerite anti rust primer on it asap or that WILL corrode and write the frame off eventually.

Aye, in about a hundred years.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Maybe clean the chipped paint away and touch up to protect the metal from rust, but otherwise I doubt it’ll ruin your next ride.

A metal door blew closed onto my brand new P7 frame a few years back, putting a 5p sized dent in the top-tube. It was still like it five years later when I sold it.

eddyp
    Free Member

It adds a bit of character 😉

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Inbred?

That’s a bit of a harsh assumption, just because the OP was in the Peak District….

😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ouch

I’m still weepy eyed over this. All thanks the the Cwmcarn diversion. Bastard thing.

breadcrumb

I’ve got a very similar dent in m Solaris, Lake District rock though. I’m going to fabricate a shield to stop any more strikes.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

So if rock guards don’t make a protector for your bike what’s the alternative.

Cutting tyres looks untidy

Is there a thick rubber adhesive strip that can be used?

Something that can take a bit more of a hit than a 0.5mm thick bit of heli tape

steve_b77
    Free Member

You can get self adhesive 3M rubber strips of t’ebay, comes in all sorts of thicknesses and widths

steel4real
    Free Member

Try this stuff…..Shelter Tape

It’s transparent as well.

Here it is being demonstrated

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘That'll buff out, right?’ is closed to new replies.