Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • That'll buff out…
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

First OTB yesterday heading home from work at around 11. Woke up to find myself wrapped around the bike with no idea how I got there.
    Been out long enough for my Garmin to auto switch off. Knee, neck and jaw hurt but the bike is OK. Trying to work out if a pint of Stella caused it or acted as muscle relaxant. Onwards and upwards!

wrightyson
    Free Member

First otb at your age? That’s like a plumber who’s never had a leak 😉
    Healing vibes btw!

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Ooo nasty and scary to think you were out cold on your own. Hope you heal fast.

duntstick
    Free Member

That could have been nasty, lucky you had your face ready to break the fall 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oi! I’m 25+ (rather a lot).
    And the faceplant did scrub off excess speed along with the skin.

wwaswas

If you’ve not had any medical examination can I suggest one asap.

Being unconscious at all means you’ve had a brain injury, if you can’t remember what happened then that’s not good.

I don’t want to scaremonger but it’s not something you should just assume ‘I’m compos mentis this morning I must be ok’.

Oh, and get well soon!

iainc

+1 for a visit to Doc or A&E. Knock outs are serious and can have complications that you may not notice initially.

Dobbo

So we now know Nigel Farage posts on STW as eddiebaby.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep, A&E straight away this morning.
    How long were you out for out of interest?

sandwicheater

Has anyone ever told you look like JK Simmons but with more hair?

Glad you’re alive chief.

matt_outandabout

Has he gone to A&E? I hope so… 😕

globalti
    Free Member

Ummm… a cycling buddy of mine was found unconscious in the road with no obvious reason why he might have fallen off. He had gone OTB and fractured two vertebrae. Eventually his GP decided that he may actually have had a blackout and fallen off the bike, rather than the other way round. That he had had a fainting fit a few weeks before when very tired and hungry was additional evidence.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d agree with the more cautious folk on here. If you really have no recollection of what caused the fall and no idea of how long you were out for I think you should probably get yourself down to A&E and get a check or if at the very least the GP.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘That'll buff out…’ is closed to new replies.