Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Thatcher's Funeral
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I didn’t feel hugely strongly about the whole ferfuffle (tho I think £10M from the public purse is a bit much) until I saw JEFFREY ARCHER present.

JEFFREY ****ING[/i] ARCHER!

(In my defence have the telly on as I am in bed ill and need to do a job application)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I though that the coffin would be open, just as absolute proof that she is really dead. Isn’t that what this is all about?

camo16
    Free Member

That Jeffrey is there doesn’t bother me much.

What does bother me is the idea that I’m paying for his lunch.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mogrim

I though that the coffin would be open, just as absolute proof that she is really dead. Isn’t that what this is all about?

I understand that Sir Arthur Scargill and Lord Benn will be ritually placing a stake through her heart at the culmination of the ceremony.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

What surprises you AL?
    The very personification of what a Tory stands for

yossarian
    Free Member

<turns back on thread>

Junkyard
    Free Member

al we all feel sick today

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez Mundie, even the Tories aren’t so bad you can tar them all with the Archer brush.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Can you opt out of the Funeral Tax?

binners

The very personification of what a Tory stand for

Indeed. Along with SIR Mark Thatcher

We’re not just paying for his lunch. We’re also paying £10 million for his mums funeral. Whereas he won’t be paying a penny in tax from his parents huge inheritance as its all funneled through offshore trusts

Says it all about the people you’re dealing with here. You really couldn’t make it up

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Oh yes they are. Vermin the lot of them.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Have you ground all your teeth away yet?

I think the best outcome would be complete calm and very poor turn out, so illustrating how out of touch the Tory’s are in throwing a big party for their hero.

A £10M send off – austerity for all except their own, this is the true Tory way, perfectly illustrated for us all to see.

Kryton57

We’re not just paying for his lunch. We’re also paying £10 million for his mums funeral. Whereas he won’t be paying a penny in tax from his parents huge inheritance as its all funneled through offshore trusts

Says it all about the people you’re dealing with here. You really couldn’t make it up

A £10M send off – austerity for all except their own, this is the true Tory way, perfectly illustrated for us all to see.

I admit to being a bit dimwitted about politics, but suddenly I get it.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

SIR Mark Thatcher, the perfect Tory.

From Wikipedia:

On the death of his father in 1992 he became ‘Sir Mark Thatcher’ when he succeeded to the Thatcher baronetcy, a hereditary title which had usually been given to his father in 1990 (this being the only such baronetcy created since 1964).

His early career in business frequently led to questions being raised that he was benefiting from his mother’s position, notably in relation to the Al-Yamamah arms deal. In 2004 the Sunday Times estimated his wealth at £60 million, most of they suggested was in offshore accounts. In 2005 he was convicted and given a four year suspended jail sentence in South Africa in relation to the 2004 Equatorial Guinea coup d’état attempt. He left the UK in 1986, and since then has lived in the USA, Switzerland, South Africa and more recently in Monaco, Gibraltar, Barbados, Guernsey and Spain.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I’m no tory lover but you are not helping your cause lumpin in Archer and Sir Thatcher in with all of them.

Whereas he won’t be paying a penny in tax from his parents huge inheritance as its all funneled through offshore trusts

So if you had that much money you’d happily not bother minimising tax?

It’s up to the state to legislate properly to avoid complex loopholes.

Hang on did I see Currie sitting near Major earlier?

camo16
    Free Member

Sorry guys, I’m no tory lover but you are not helping your cause lumpin in Archer and Sir Thatcher in with all of them.

Just for laughs, cynic-al, can you give us an example or two of Tories who aren’t like Archer and SMT?

I realise that most of the Party hasn’t (1) been sent down for tax evasion or (2) attempted an insurrection in Equitorial Guinea. But which ones are the best, brightest and most honourable of the bunch?

Junkyard
    Free Member

indeed al that is what i would do as i am not a selfish individual

I accept my responsibility to thos less fortunate than myslef…its why I am not a tory

It’s up to the state to legislate properly to avoid complex loopholes.

just because you can do something it does not mean you have to and you cannot then blame someoen else for not stopping you from doing what you actively chose to do

You are right not all Tories are convicted criminals like those two but it will be a shirt list of decent ones [ it may indeed be a short list of decent politicians]

brakes
    Free Member

Does anyone have a few tonnes of rotten veg and a helicopter?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought we were meant to keep all this in 1 thread??

I get the feeling it’s about to head down the road of all the other threads….

binners

What I’m saying is that you have to be pretty damn hard-faced to have made your millions piggy-backing on British arms contracts arranged by your mother, then shoving all that money in offshore tax havens to avoid tax, then sitting back as the British taxpayer, in a time of austerity, then shells out £10 million for your mums funeral.

That’s a very special kind of parasite

zokes
    Free Member

Maybe the mods are in attendance, wearing black?

cynic-al
    Free Member

camo16 I don’t have a list, but I think I recall some MPs that live by mediocre means, and I’ve met a few non-MP tories who struck me as decent folk.

Being a tory doesn’t make one morally bad, just with a different set of political beliefs. Sorry if that’s too complicated/shades of grey for you.

Binners that’s easy to say, if you were earning a few hundred £K I suspect you might have a different view – but I bet you have made choices that mean you’ll never have to think about it.

camo16
    Free Member

camo16 I don’t have a list, but I think I recall some MPs that live by mediocre means, and I’ve met a few non-MP tories who struck me as decent folk.

Being a tory doesn’t make one morally bad, just with a different set of political beliefs. Sorry if that’s too complicated/shades of grey for you.

There’s shades of grey? Dammit, politics is hard! 😆

Oh, I realise that not all Tories are morally bad, but in terms of Conservative MPs, I wondered if you knew of any who were proper pillars of the community…

Oh, and…

Sorry if that’s too complicated/shades of grey for you.

I’m not playing sarcasmtrackworld, dude. Much love. 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I see the revolution has started – someone was throwing stuff at the horses. That’ll sort it, then.

Oh. It’s stopped. Now the clapping crowd are throwing flowers into the road.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

FFS no! Not Diana grief whore flower throwing…

wwaswas

I realise that not all Tories are morally bad

Personally, I’d widen that to ‘not all MP’s’ – there’s a few that seem to be in it for more than they can get out of it for themselves. But not many.

RustySpanner

As a wise man once said:

‘Money maketh man a Tory?”
    Don’t fire that assumption at me.
    I like toast as much as any man, but not for breakfast, dinner & tea.

binners

al – I have no idea what that last sentence actually means. But you seem to be missing the point

And what I am saying is that Mark Thatcher is a parasite. How many people would be so hard faced – You spend their life milking the British Establishment, while avoiding paying any tax to support it. Then expecting it to shell out £10 million (£10 MILLION FFS!!!) for a funeral you should be paying for, no doubt while wrapping yourself in the metaphorical Union Jack, and sounding out some more potential ‘opportunities’

cynic-al
    Free Member

camo16 – Member
    I’m not playing sarcasmtrackworld, dude. Much love

Just for laughs, cynic-al, can you give us an example or two of Tories who aren’t like Archer and SMT?

So that was serious then?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Binners I have no argument with you re SMT – and my point was you’ve not sought to earn enough money where you could actually avoid tax.

BermBandit
    Free Member

But which ones are the best, brightest and most honourable of the bunch

I might just piss on Lord Carrington if he was on fire…..

camo16
    Free Member

So that was serious then?

Well. I would genuinely like to know if there are really decent Tory MPs with a great reputation and an inability to piss-take. I guess they exist.

binners

You patronising ****!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Churchill do it for you?

No idea what he was like, but I think he did somethign positive for the country.

mogrim

Still, perfect timing for the funeral – what with no Olympics this year, this is an ideal advert for British tourism. She couldn’t have died at a better time, just when people are planning their summer holidays, nice bit of pomp and uniforms and the Queen…

wwaswas

my point was you’ve not sought to earn enough money where you could actually avoid tax.

😯

Steady on.

cynic-al
    Free Member

binners – Member
    You patronising ****!

It’s a compliment! I’m sure you could have done whatever you wanted 😛 seriously tho did you not career change to earn less and be happier?

theocb
    Free Member

I realise that not all Tories are morally bad

Personally, I’d widen that to ‘not all MP’s’ – there’s a few that seem to be in it for more than they can get out of it for themselves. But not many.

Personally, I’d widen that out to ‘not all human’s’ – there are a few that seem to be in it for more than they can get out of it for themselves but not many.

I would have thought the funeral will pay for itself and will bring money into the country in the long term.

binners

Yes, I did indeed. But you’re suggesting that’s ALL I’ve done. Which is quite presumptuous to say the least.

Oh yeah, I remember… Its only Tories who have any drive or ambition, isn’t it? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Thatcher's Funeral’ is closed to new replies.