Viewing 9 posts - 321 through 329 (of 329 total)
  • thatcher
  • hora
    Free Member

No one is owed a living. If work dries up where you are, should work be brought to you?

How many on here have relocated to pursue their chosen work or better themselves?

When I left for uni and comeback home occassionally I still see the odd face who remained, some actually made something of themselves in our town but others from school etc are still the same old/never left/never experienced anything else in their short life.

Don’t get me wrong, Im not a ‘Tory’ however Im not jealous of people who have made alot of money, nor people who come here seeking abetter life. I’ve leave the isolationists to racism thanks.

G
    Free Member

Avoiding the point again Hora or just trolling?

Bunnyhop

A really good friend of mine :wink:, says that when he makes love to his special lady, he thinks of ‘Thatcher’, to help things last a little longer.

I.G.M.C.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

correct Hora above all we MUST value our work .. I know my kids are settled at school , are about to take exams, my entire family and community is here and everything and everyone I have ever known but i should ignore that as Arbeit macht Frei* eh ?

No one owes you a living but no one has the right to take it from you for political reasons.

* above the gates of Auschwitz and means work will set you free / liberate you

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

when he makes love to his special lady, he thinks of ‘Thatcher’, to help things last a little longer.

That’s funny……. …….. ‘cos the thought of Maggie kicking off her shoes and waiting for me draped on her sofa,
    is what finishes me off

The woman was a ticking sex bomb

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh ……….. and ‘whippy ice cream’ comes into the scenario too

uponthedowns
    Free Member

To those of you who espouse using subsidies to support uneconomic industries I’d be interested to know if this applies to all industry or just specially selected cases.e.g If Kwik Fit were suddenly to get into trouble would they be supported or, Vodafone perhaps (can’t have the whole of Newbury relocating can we)? Just where do you draw the line?

hora
    Free Member

? Children arent neccasirly harmed by growing up/attending different schools are they? The downsides are outweighed by the plus’s (new horizons, relocation overseas/ex-pats/relocate to a thriving area etc). Plus children are more resilient than you think. What they do pick up on is stress, arguements and a mood in parents.

Someone never leaving their community but being out of work and being depressed/stressed around their kids is a lot worse than someone who will positively seek out new horizons. I think in part it comes down to positivity.
    Sorry, ‘theres no work round here’ is an appalling excuse. Kids surely benefit from different life experiences if the parent is positive.

Like I said. Im no Tory but I dont beleive in waiting for work to come to an area- Nick Griffin and his ilk thrive on disaffected people who stay put and complain about the foreigners. I’ll end it there.

I respect others view points on community and I hope people respect my viewpoint. Agree to differ.

El-bent
    Free Member

Is this thread still going?

No one is owed a living. If work dries up where you are, should work be brought to you? How many on here have relocated to pursue their chosen work or better themselves?

I would like to point out that there are those that due to house prices who can’t afford to move to where the work is. Incidentally this is most prevalent in areas where particular industries have disappeared.

Which bring us to:

To those of you who espouse using subsidies to support uneconomic industries…

They were uneconomic, but there could have been a gradual reduction of these industries, which with proper management as well could still be operational today. Instead we got the slash, burn and on your bike method, which has left these areas dependent on another form of subsidy, social security. Looking at data which indicates where benefit payments are being payed out the most, they happen to be the area’s that were worst affected by those overnight closures of industry.

Norman Tebbit has admitted what they did was a mistake as the legacy of it are serious social deprivation.

There hasn’t been any kind of work that could effectively replace those industries in those areas, in fact since the economy has focused on Services the Jobs market has shifted towards the South-east, which is a problem when it comes to house prices.

Viewing 9 posts - 321 through 329 (of 329 total)

The topic ‘thatcher’ is closed to new replies.