Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • That weird light…
  • robgarrioch

Could we transcribe this & send it to Monty Python – posts alternating between street lighting & annoying molluscs; does it get any better? 😆

robgarrioch

go on then, 1 more for old times sake… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzIIzoO4Lsw&feature=related

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who's on the cds in ernie's picture? Nine Inch Snails?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

…that really did get a little random, didn't it 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Not been on for a while and read this over breakfast, now have a huge grin on my face, the sun is rising over Bradda Edge and I am about to slalom round the snails on the way into work. Top work folks.

Don't like killing things if I can help it, so all snails found in our garden are relocated into the fields opposite courtesy of a nice children's tennis racket, I now consider myself the mollusc equivalent of RyanAir – cheap no frills air travel.

Can empathise SFB when my eldest was toddling he was found sucking a stripy snail – seems he thought it was a Humbug like his Gran gave to him.

xc-steve
    Free Member

I actually have a pet snail called Cedric, I took him on our honeymoon… here's a snapshot of him with one of the locals:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Can empathise SFB

I thought it was hilarious (except for the slug) :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

by daylight:

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

That looks expensive, you must be looking forward to your next council tax bill.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

That looks expensive

Well, the blokes installing them said they were only half the power, but I've been checking and sodium lights are about 30% efficient, LEDs about 10%, which implies 1/6th of the brightness, but they still seem to provide enough spread. With lighting, most of the cost is in electricity, but LEDs should also have a much longer running life

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘That weird light…’ is closed to new replies.