Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • That was insane! (commuting content)
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Sshhhhh

MrWoppit
    Free Member

bikebouy’s day is always

filled with moments of butt clenching

so I’m sure he’s right…

molgrips
    Free Member

So you lot encountered a bit of traffic in London, awe such a worrysome thing, such.

I’m not complaining, just commenting. It was remarkable, so I remarked on it 🙂

To be honest I don’t mind London cycling at all. It’s really not that bad, and far easier and safer than some places I’ve ridden in the South East.

This morning was fairly quiet for me. It looks like even more people have stayed home, our office is emptier than yesterday.

Saw an interesting variety of bikes though. Quite a few MTBs that clearly are intended for trails, including many nice new carbon 29ers; quite a lot of rusty shed-ware; but most amusing was a bloke in casual jeans riding a Planet X time trial bike complete with triathlon number still attached 🙂

And the hi viz! I bet nowhere in London has any hi viz stock left today! 🙂

kimbers

yeah It was a lot easier this morning, more people seemed to be walking, but some quite bad driving going on!

and yeah there were some interesting shed bikes making an appearance today

just got the fun of the home trip in torrential rain , glad i brought the waterproofs.Not sure if its visibility issues or whatever but driving standards plummet when its raining.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s just another day in London, some days are like this, some not.

And it’s not a troll I live here and ride here (as well as my home on the coast) I’ve been doored a couple of times, ran off the road by Addison Lee taxis, shouted at, sworn at, had cans of coke thrown at me and once a kebab.
    However most of my riding has been very pleasurable and fun and filled with the highs and lows of city life.

Wheeelie with pride I say and MTFU. 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

This was my view on London Wall yesterday heading towards Liverpool Street. Pretty much sums it up!

Well, you should have worked later you lazy shirking private sector worker.

brooess
    Free Member

My ride in today was slower than usual because of all the cars… 😯

Overall I’d say it’s been surprisingly docile – considering the scope for frustration I think the mood has largely been ok, probably better than your average day. Although I think riding more slowly in anticipation of people doing silly things probably helped…

nedrapier

on the interesting bikes front, I saw an old Look Carbon Alu composite mtb yesterday morning, like wot I used to have a brochure of.

Yes, a brochure, and I’m stressing the second syllable.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, you should have worked later you lazy shirking private sector worker.

I did work late – it was nearly 6pm!!! 😆

It is quite remarkable the amount of brand spanking new hi-viz wear to be seen on the streets the last couple of days. Went past one guy today on aBoris Bike with brand new hi-viz jacket, hi-viz rucksack cover, hi-viz gloves (they looked pretty weird!) and hi-viz trouser snap doodads. Couldn’t help wondering if they’d never be worn again

molgrips
    Free Member

Couldn’t get on the 1845, I walked up the platform as soon as it was announced and somehow six people had already got there first. Tube strike cyclists no doubt. This next train is rammed too.. Thanks Bob.

globalti
    Free Member

Lightweights. In African cities like Lagos the minibuses drive along the pavements and people flood down both sides of the road to meet at the junction and block it for hours.

kimbers

normality restored?

no, I actually had my first ever road rage incident in 10 years of cycling in london, I actually lost it

cycling along bayswater road (2 lanes each way) above hyde park, when some **** in a big merc is trying to pull out and accross onto the other direction

see him edging so make eye contact as usual, he stops then just as im passing him, car sticking out 0.5m into road already and he moves forward a bit and beeps me making me swerve into the next lane, fortunately no other cars but,
    obviously got the adrenalin going because I stopped turned backed banged on his window and pointed out that he was a poor driver and needed to read the highway code, I was full on shouting (passing tourists all staring)but to my credit I didnt swear, which was fortunate as he had kids in the back (private school- funny caps)

never lost it like that before, quite scared coz I think id have punched him if hed got out and his poor kids looked quite scared of the mad cyclist.

shermer75
    Free Member

The guy sounds like an absolute tool

epicsteve
    Free Member

There were quite a few unusual bikes around yesterday, with the riders definitely tending more towards hi-viz and lights than a lot of the regulars I see. I did see one chap riding along the pavement at speed, swerving in and out of the pedestrians. Not really sure why, as there was an empty bus lane he could have been using.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had a chap riding alongside me on The Cut today, and a taxi pulled out (a little rashly) in front of us. Fellow cyclist launched in to a rage, at which point I calmly mentioned to him that it really wasn’t worth getting angry about that sort of thing. He sat up as we rode along and smiled, saying “Actually, you’re right. It’s not worth getting angry.”

So, hopefully I made one person’s day a little brighter at least!

kimbers

needed someone to tell me that CFH!

ive been clipped by wingmirrors, forced into the kerb, cut up, never got that angry before, even when some kid on a scooter knocked me off and broke my ankle I ended up asking if he was OK!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kimbers, I think more of us need to do that! Keep reminding other cyclists (And ourselves!) that it’s just not worth getting angry and shouty about. Yes, if there’s a serious transgression, get it reported etc, but if it’s something like I had this morning, it’s really not worth boiling your urine over.

nedrapier

Mine was back to normal this morning, bit quieter than normal if anything. I had my bi-monthly back-and-forth ride in with The Guy On The SS With The Red Jacket And The Yellow Musto Bag, which was entertaining as always.

There was a **** in a van who needed to pass me for no reason at all (both doing 20+ in a 20, not much of a gap to the next car doing the same speed, with traffic slowing ahead. If he’d looked in his left wing mirror, he’d have seen me doing the upturned palm “why?” gesture. He probably didn’t.

shermer75
    Free Member

A bit late to the party with this one but I’ve just read it and it’s funny:

Daily Mash

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘That was insane! (commuting content)’ is closed to new replies.