Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • That was close
  • Tracey

Was up in Pebbles over the holidays and got in some great riding both day and night. Felt sorry for the locals who were very quickly flooded out when the river broke its banks, we just managed to rescue our bikes. Kevin had stood the bike rack on some big two foot high plastic boxes thinking that it would be high enough if it was to flood. The water came very quickly and 10 minutes later was another foot deep. Didn’t think the electrics on the rack would work, quick blast of GT 85 and they were OK

SaxonRider

Wow! 😯

Floods are positively amazing (in a negative sort of way). Glad you and your stuff are okay.

boxelder

Anyone know how the ‘holiday sheds’ along Soonhope Burn, around the corner from the Hydro fared?

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Is that picture at the back of the Hotel called the Tontine? If so i left the day the floods came, I’m glad my bikes didn’t get wet. A narrow escape

Tracey

Yes its underneath the Tontine, if they had been in the lower lock up there would have been no way of saving them.

richpips
    Free Member

In the greater scheme of things “close”.

“saving them” really?

mike399
    Free Member

Silly question, but what is being saved exactly? Aren’t mountain bikes designed to withstand water and mud? Even the occasional dog nugget etc…

Get a grip.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Well what’s been saved imo is 12k of bikes we had in the bottom lock up. I wouldn’t think xtr really likes a full submerging for 24 hours until the water subsided.
    However, it’s only bikes and I think a few peoples houses would of been a mess. I hope the residents are insured.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘That was close’ is closed to new replies.