Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • That was bonkers! (roadie content)
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Needed to pick something up from Bamford, which was conveniently back pocket sized, so gave me an excuse for a ride. Look out the window. Sunny. Bit breezy. hey ho…

Grind up the A625 out of Sheff. Hard work into the wind, but bearable. Until I got to the top of Blacka. Had to drop down 2 gears for the descent to Foxhouses. Bloody ridiculous wind! Dropping down to Hathersage was mildly scary as the wind was bouncing off the wall on the other side of the road, so I was getting big gusts from both sides – needed most of my lane width to stay vaguely upright.

I came back via Stanage which was lovely – bowling along easily in the sunshine on a deserted singletrack road. Up to Fiddlers Elbow, where I really picked up the tailwind and pretty much ended up spinning out all the way home – came into Ringinglow at 20mph over the speed limit. Its usually a 30,35mph descent – to hit over 50 down there (without really trying) is just insane!

Double madness points for it being under a foot of snow on Sunday, now hardly any to be seen and it’s warm enough for 3/4s and a gilet.

…and being a business trip, I can claim the mileage… 😀

OmarLittle
    Free Member

hope you had your strava on!

dave360

good man

sputnik
    Free Member

Nice one 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Woohoo, and no you can’t claim it.

😆

JonEdwards
    Free Member

…and 1/2 hour after I get back its started thundering…!

😀 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘That was bonkers! (roadie content)’ is closed to new replies.