Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (That time of year)………Midge/Mozz bites- how to deal with them?
  • hora
    Free Member

As my blood is highly attractive to the critters and I react (anti-histamines dont help….

Has there been any developments in the STW Laboratory from last year?

Yes I have EVERYTHING- including Avon skin soo soft. Any developments? Eat something? Anything?

simon1975

Eat more garlic

skidartist
    Free Member

marmite

and for dealing with the bites – those little electric zapper things, stops you scratching

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I use skin so soft out here in Iraq, but the little buggers still get me every now and again. I find they're ok, unless I scratch, which sometimes I'll itch without realising I've been bitten. Then it'll turn into a massive red lump that I can't stop scratching.

As soon as I realise I've got an itchy bite I'll pop a couple of anti-histamines (benadryl in my case) and smear the affected site with hydrocortisone cream. It'll then take about a day for it to die down.

It's the bites on the elbows, knuckles and knees that really itch…

hora
    Free Member

benadryl? I've been using Sainsburys own brand Anti-histamines with zero effect. Will revisit the Chemists as maybe there is a different/better type to use.

Any creams that work the best? I've switched to tea tree oil now.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I suffer from bad reactions to bites too and I seem oh so attractive to the little buggers. I use Jungle Formula spray and that seems to be the best for me. Antihistamines and hydrocortisone if I get bitten though.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

*scratches*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(That time of year)………Midge/Mozz bites- how to deal with them?’ is closed to new replies.