Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • That time of year again. Anyone got a beaters day tmrw?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

One of my fav days of the year.

Stoner
    Free Member

I wish 🙁

will hear tales of daring do in the pub tomorrow night though.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ll have had four days this year. Bought day at Urra, a day coming near Doncaster and two beaters. Yeehaw

sten1
    Free Member

thats not real shooting, its shooting for people that think you can buy social class..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Eh?

ninfan
    Free Member

Hmm, IME a beaters day is most definitely not for those with pretensions to either money or class.

sten1
    Free Member

Hmm, IME a beaters day is most definitely not for those with pretensions to either money or class.

yes the land owner lets you all have a jolly good day out on their land lol..

wysiwyg
    Free Member

yes the land owner lets you all have a jolly good day out on their land lol..

As opposed to the type where they don’t, aka poaching.

What’s your point caller?

sten1
    Free Member

What’s your point caller?

keep the **** of my land lol.

Edric64
    Free Member

Is this about bird shoots ? where practically hand reared birds are driven towards you to be shot easily out of the sky ?pointless greedy and barbaric !!

PePPeR

Yup, we’ve got 3 days coming up 😀

Well 2 half days and a full day.

Tomorrow we’re on one shoot in the morning and then popping off at lunch time for a duck drive at another shoot we beat at, my son and my grandson can’t wait, a good reward for all their efforts this season.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Is this about bird shoots ? where practically hand reared birds are driven towards you to be shot easily out of the sky ?pointless greedy and barbaric !!

I hope you’re vegetarian coming out with this. For one they aren’t easy to shoot and two its no more barbaric than buying shit chicken from the supermarket.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yeah. Real easy… It’s like a spot the ball competition.

sten1
    Free Member

basicly its shooting by numbers its not a sport. its not really country side, its tossers from london in green wellies.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ha hah

That is all.

kimbers

Work colleague is off on her first live hunt tomorrow, she’s baking cakes

Funny thing is she’s a veggie and keeps trying to justify it all to us

Brother in law had 6 pheasants in his freezer over Xmas, his mate runs a shoot in Cheshire
    They get less than a quid per bird at the butchers iirc so just chuck away most of them

sten1
    Free Member

rough shooting is real shooting, this is crap, unless you did it as a kid and grew up in it you wouldn’t get it. going to a driven shoot is much akin to riding a BSO that you bought from halfords.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ooh faux pas. Don’t call it a hunt. We’re not american 😉

Chuck them away? 200 average that’s still a keepers weekly wage.

Sten. ok whatever.

kimbers

The quid was for the ones they could sell,most butchers not bothered there’s obviously a lot of demand to kill game birds on the Wirral, just not much to eat them !

cinnamon_girl

Any spare pheasants chuck ’em over ‘ere. Ta. 😀

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Game dealer takes all ours. Usually 100 brace. Don’t agree with not using them. Even if given away 🙁

cinnamon_girl

There’s plenty of struggling families who’d appreciate them. Absolutely no need for food to be wasted.

PePPeR

I’ve got a freezer full of game, given to me from beating days this season, It’ll last us a good few months and saves us a fortune on our food bills.

rene59
    Free Member

s this about bird shoots ? where practically hand reared birds are driven towards you to be shot easily out of the sky ?pointless greedy and barbaric !!

And more and more often you are driven towards the birds in a 4×4 along a bulldozed track to save you having to walk. Well it’s only countryside, who cares about creating big nasty scars all over the place, they’ve got some farmed things to shoot.

Not to mention all the raptors and other wildlife poisoned and killed in the process. But hey, it makes a few people a few quid so it’s all good.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you are doing it for sport then it is just as barbaric as bear bating or dog fighting. If you are honestly doing it for food then, I don’t know how you can kill animals just for the pleasure of eating meat.

Houns

It’s all about controlling numbers don’t you know. What about all those that get hit by cars? Shame their natural hunters can’t do the job

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I could equally reply I don’t know how you can eat meat that you haven’t killed. If you’re going to eat a dead animal you should have the respect for it and balls to kill it

It’s all good when it’s a faceless intensive reared packet in ASDA.

Bruce Lee said. It is better to die a broken piece of jade than live a life of clay. Store bought is clay

PPS. That’s a live update from drive 3 where I’m 6 for 7

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘That time of year again. Anyone got a beaters day tmrw?’ is closed to new replies.