Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • That there survey about users on blue grade trails
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

so 6(e)(ii) counts for trails specifically built for bikes………

No issues with everyone using FC land but fercrisake do you REALLY think its a good idea to walk UP the Red Trail at QECP when there a mahoosive great signs telling you NOT TOO!!

Darwinism….

scotroutes

By my interpretation yes, and the purpose built walking trails are for just that.

stever
    Free Member

After a few hours riding at Llandegla I went for a run on one of the walkers trails, got a bit off-piste, stung by a bee (my ear’s still swollen, but I’m fine thanks) and came back down the quickest way, which included some of the bike trail. I punched myself for being in the way.

puddings
    Free Member

It missed off the list ‘cyclists who stop in the middle of the trail to change a puncture instead of pulling off to the side’ (swinley, numerous occasions)
    Personally, I ticked none of the above because as far as I am concerned you should be riding to what you can see plus expecting slower new or nervous riders on a blue, especially one on easy access FC land. Strava heroes avoid weekends if you want empty trails.

ebennett

Do I object to walkers runners using bike trails when there is no other option/they get lost? No. Do I object when they purposefully choose to walk on a bike trail when there are other options? Yes. They’re putting themselves in danger by being there – I can walk in the middle of the road if I want, but if I’m doing it when there’s a perfectly good footpath nearby then I’m a plonker.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

After a few hours riding at Llandegla

rode there thursday; going into one of the glorious bermed hairpins on the black (which don’t seem to be built to make you scrub speed like at some trail centres) saw a walker on the exit. By the time I was on the exit he was off the trail and we exchanged shouted hellos and thank yous.

Not making a particular point, as I ticked ban ’em all…. (actually I ticked “none” as the Q was FC centre blue runs, which are where I’d expect to find novices/kids/families and other “hazards” that would make me moderate my speed).

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘That there survey about users on blue grade trails’ is closed to new replies.