Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • That Susan Boyle….
  • druidh
    Free Member
    saladdodger
    Free Member

ah the little pop princess yum yum

woffle
    Free Member

ever since watching Mock the Week, whenever I see her I think of Gordon Brown…

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Thanks for posting that. Strange as it may seem, I haven't seen, nor heard (I refuse on principle to watch dumbed down TV).

I now understand what all the hype has been about. A truly remarkable voice. Also been inspired to watch her first audition. The look on everyone's faces and the comments afterwards were so genuine.

sobriety
    Free Member

This headline on the BBC a few weeks ago scared the crap out of me!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Susan Boyle…. cannot sing. Anybody who thinks she can, is tone deaf. IMHO, of course.

MrAgreeable

I was only made aware of her via Charlie Brooker's TV programme, which described her as having "a face like a cross between a former Soviet Premier, and a haunted tree". Cruel, but it made me laugh then, and it's making me laugh now. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

And it's just made me laugh too. 🙂

Resin42
    Free Member

She can sing but in the field of the sort of thing she's doing she's average at best. The harsh fact is that the world wouldn't care if she wasn't such a turgid munter.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

i would

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The look on everyone's faces and the comments afterwards were so genuine.

Actually I think the whole audition on X Factor was stage-managed. The frumpy look, the wide-eyed expression of surprise by the the judges etc. But hey, that's entertainment.

Personally I think she has a brilliant voice, maybe not 'technically' perfect, but it conveys feelings and emotions, indeed it has the 'X Factor'. A bit like Dolly Parton – a highly underrated singer imo, who's voice whilst perhaps not technically perfect, is absolutely crammed with passion.

Resin42
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – Member

i would

But would you respect her in the morning? 😛

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘That Susan Boyle….’ is closed to new replies.