• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • That seed stuff on Guy Martin last night
  • oldgit
    Free Member

What was it called again?

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Quinoa

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

most supermarkets have it in the whole foods section. you cook it like rice. 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Cheers, couldn’t think of the name but it’s something that was recommended to me by a dietition

tomhoward

The best bit about it, apart from all the ‘it’s dead good for you’ stuff, is you can tell people you eat it. IME from people who do eat it, as if telling neanderthals how to make fire…

BigJohn

It’s very useful for people who want to cut down on cereal (rice, pasta etc.) but still want a bulky thing to put on their plate. I don’t think it tastes as nice as rice but it helps if you’re on the iDave avoid-foods-which-produce-an-insulin-response diet.

ontor
    Free Member

Also good for depriving a people of their staple food…

Just one of many articles

Northwind

Not the hottest final fantasy character ever tbh

ton

just eaten it laden with garlic, red and green chilli’s, shallotts and olive oil………oh and 2 huge pork chops.

IDIET rocks……. 8)

Blackhound

Gwyneth Paltrow is a big fan of quinoa whatever that tells you.

Makes nice flap jacks with chia seeds and coconut.

CountZero

I must admit the meal Guy was eating looked very yummy, I was positively salivating watching him eat it, and there were stomach rumbles.

Haze

Last time I cooked it (as per instructions) it came out as a pile of mushy crap.

My basmati turns out perfectly, should I just ignore the instructions and cook as per the rice…or even cook it 50/50?

Drac

Makes nice flap jacks with chia seeds and coconut

That’s not flapjack.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘That seed stuff on Guy Martin last night’ is closed to new replies.