Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • That On-One Merino..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cheap tat?

Or worth getting…

Or do I just spend the extra on icebreaker??

Never used Merino, so genuinely interested..

samuri
    Free Member

It’s not bad. Just don’t wash it in a hot wash or you’ll find yourself under my patio.

Mini Jersey by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

zippykona

I use the hand wash wool setting on our washing machine and my merino top is as good as new.

somafunk

Awww samuri, that’s so cute……an ickle on-one merino jumper for a 5yr old child 😉

chrssmale
    Free Member

Mine shrunk on a normal wash, fits the gf now though 🙂

mangatank
    Free Member

I can’t recommend them enough. I have two of them, two Planet X blue Marino roadie tops and two On One/ Planet X Marino t shirts. Not through being a fan boy either: I just think they’re the perfect riding tops, and the quality is definitely there. I’ve washed the cardigans twice in three years, and the blue roadies never! They smell completely fresh.

Buy!

tomhoward

Just ordered my third top, I think they’re brill.

I wash them on the normal setting at 30 degrees

allthepies
    Free Member

They’re excellent, follow the wash instructions and you’ll get no shrinkage.

Excellent pong-free riding gear 🙂

P20

I had the same top as above, my mates son now has it. I’ve got the base layers for work and they are excellent, still use my icebreakers on the bike though

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of the base layers and am pretty happy with it especially for twenty quid. I quite like the other tops as well.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve washed the cardigans twice in three years, and the blue roadies never! They smell completely fresh.

*Has doubts*

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve washed the cardigans twice in three years, and the blue roadies never! They smell completely fresh.

*Has doubts*

I can believe it. I commute in cheap one one merino every day and wash them surprisingly infrequently. They seem to last pretty well too, considering the high mileage.

DezB
    Free Member

Do you only wash stuff because it smells then?

natrix
    Free Member

The on-one merino base layers don’t have a merino back, its some man-made fibre, they just have a merino front and arms. Not much of an issue, but could be more accuratley described.

brant
    Free Member

The 150g baselayers don’t have a merino back.
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMPBSS/on_one_merino_perform_baselayer_short_sleeve_t_shirt_150g

Which is why the copy says “The back of the jersey is constructed from Coolmax Merino Mesh, enhancing breathability and moisture wicking. “

160g and 200g are full Merino.

brakes
    Free Member

I would presume that Coolmax Merino Mesh would be some kind of string vest material made of Merino

FuzzyWuzzy

Have to agree, the wording on that is a bit odd. Is it a blend of coolmax and merino or just coolmax?

edlong
    Free Member

Do you only wash stuff because it smells then?

No. It never smells, regardless.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘That On-One Merino..’ is closed to new replies.