• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • That new Peugeot advert ….
  • failedengineer

……takes bull**it to a new level. ‘We’ve made the steering wheel smaller and raised the instrument binnacle so you can feel the road better through your arms’ Or something. Leaving aside the fact that road tests say it’s just OK and can’t match the class leaders (Focus and Golf of course), that is patronising nonsense. I used to really like French cars, many of them were innovative, a bit left-field and delivered a smooth ride and good handling (esp Citroen). Now they’re also-rans. Discuss.

gwaelod
    Free Member

I like the Citroen one

[video]http://vimeo.com/62600551[/video]

hora
    Free Member

My favourite is just add petrol

and (in their word at the bottom which I imagine the ASA have made them add)… ‘a significant deposit/contribution is also required’

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

Is that the one where Mr Overactor John Simm says “Why make a beeeeooooautiful car that no-one can afford to run?” Then shows a boring little Peugeot?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    clubber
    Free Member

Is it as bad as the Alfa Giulietta one (with Uma Therman voice over IIRC) which showed how stupid they must think their potential customers are?

cliffyc
    Free Member

I remember the ad for the Citroen C4 (a model back),with annoying Frenchman making tyre squeeling noises as he went round corners (certainly drove ME round the bend!).My current least favourite TWO ads are by Nissan,for the Micra all over Sky at the momont as they pay for some of the drama shows.exibit A ,girl skiving off work pretending her smartphone is freezing to her boss,gets off work lays\back on sunbed???.Exibit B,girl (again..,target audience?),rifling through her bag,pulls out a variety of comedy items (adjustable wrench?) as the snootiest woman you will see for a while slaps in a little lippy in the reflection in her drivers door glass of her Micra and gives bag-girl a total FU stare before getting into her car!!!.

bails

I think Renault and Citroen have done well with their latest models, they certainly look the part.

That Peugeot though….

It looks like a 5 year old Kia in the advert, in the flesh it looks better, but it’s still a bit…meh.

Cougar

Hang on. Are you saying the new Pug advert claims that their new wheel size really makes the roads come alive?

hora
    Free Member

I commented last night on the Renault ad- Renault have such beautiful new cars yet will they be stuffed with the same god-awful electrics or have they learnt?

ell_tell
    Free Member

I had a Peugeot 208 as a hire car and the steering wheel really is teeny. It was so low I had to move it uand out of the way of my legs, which meant it blocked all the dials. I hated it suffice to say.

hora
    Free Member

Really? I love a wheel that can as low as possible and as near as possible.

The first BMW mini could get its wheel pretty low- just love it like that 😀

bails

I love a wheel that can as low as possible and as near as possible.

Nah, something like that would end up driving me nuts…
    😀

😐

I’ll get my coat.

ell_tell
    Free Member

I probably would too if you were sat down hunkered low in the car. However, (and I’m no giant at only 6ft) it was getting in the way of my legs. Just couldn’t find a comfy position. The gear change was also notchy.

Nice interior though and the 1.4 petrol was quite a punchy litte unit.

hora
    Free Member

@ bails 😆

cliffyc
    Free Member

It’s like they say “The most important part in any car is the nut that holds the steering wheel” !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well I think it looks nice…far nicer than the present 307/308 whatever model it’s replacing.

stumpy01

deadlydarcy – Member
    Well I think it looks nice…far nicer than the present 307/308 whatever model it’s replacing.

They’d struggle to make it much worse. Awful car. My wife recently got rid of her 308. I thought she was mad buying it.
    I think within about a fortnight, she regretted it and couldn’t wait to get rid.

weare138
    Free Member

I think the new Merc ad with the chickens is very good. Wouldn’t buy one though (both car and chuck)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’d struggle to make it much worse

Well, yes, Fair point. I tend to quite like newer models of most cars. But the 308 really was awful looking from the get-go.

DezB
    Free Member

And to think, Peugeot used to make such great looking cars

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘That new Peugeot advert ….’ is closed to new replies.