Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • That new Orange 'Thing'
  • shaley
    Free Member

Anyone have any more details about it?

Video Here: Link

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s a cross bike? piss poor rear traction from the look of it the poor bugger is sliding everywhere. Expect it to cost 25% more than anything else and be loved by everyone?

allthepies
    Free Member

I call it “The Sun”.

shaley
    Free Member

piss poor rear traction from the look of it the poor bugger is sliding everywhere

You mean it has less rolling resistance?

marsdenman
    Free Member
    wl
    Free Member

Not remotely tempted by a cross bike, but that did make it look marginally less daft. Cracking little edit.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Looks like a cotic vid.

wors

I love these type of bikes 😀

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Seems like pretty much exactly what I’d be after in my next bike, except, from the look of the pictures inexplicably hideous.

Much prefer the look of a Vapour, which is basically the same thing…

AntLockyer
    Free Member

The vid made me want to ride my cross bike.

fasthaggis

piss poor rear traction from the look of it the poor bugger is sliding everywhere

Yup ,he clearly has no riding skills and is losing it all over the place.

The vid made me want to be able to ride my cross bike that quick.

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yup ,he clearly has no riding skills and is losing it all over the place.

My humor is obviously wasted in here….

AntLockyer
    Free Member

fasthaggis – you got that right, although with my brakes the way they are slowing down isn’t an option.

fasthaggis

My humor is obviously wasted in here….

No ,I laughed at the 25% bit 🙂

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Top vid. I liked that. Still no room for another bike tho’…

vorlich
    Free Member

Yet another bike vid with overuse of dolly in vain attempt to inject some sort of dynamic. I’m I the only one sick of seeing it? Someone needs to do a supercut…

eyerideit
    Free Member

Terribly fashionable at the moment cross bikes.

Expect to see them on top of Audis soon.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Looks like a cotic vid.

Not just me, then. My 1st thought, on starting to watch the vid, was to post along the lines of ‘Cotic want their video back’ have to say though, th’Orange vid is betterer

goes off to also look up Genesis Vapour

Drac

I want to ride my CX bike now but I’ll have to wait until the wife comes back with my Audi.

float
    Free Member

baggies on a cross bike?! orange have nailed who their target audience is.

Drac

baggies on a cross bike?! orange have nailed who their target audience is.

Didn’t realise I’d been doing it wrong all this time.

D0NK

yeah too much skidding (that rear tyre* will be toast now) and not enough puncture stops to be a realistic ride.

OK vid and bike looks alright.

*with all the takes I guess a vid like that entails presumably they’ll have got through a few.

baggies on a cross bike?!

The horror

Oh dear by D0NK, on Flickr

stufive
    Free Member

Oh no id just got over the fact that i couldnt afford a cx bike last year now i really want one 😡 right what can i sell…

seadog101

I would surely die…

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Did anyone else notice the STW product placement?

Also…how did he carry that shopping?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Donk, You wearing Lusso bib knickers?

How are they? I’ve been looking at a pair I’ve got their Roubaix tights but it’s getting a bit warm for them now.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Its not a bad looking bike at all..price is ok too @ 1100 compares well with the vapour.

mos

‘steve’
    ‘Yes lester’
    ‘what shift in popular opinion haven’t we jumped on yet?
    ‘steel hardtails?’
    ‘nope, done that’
    ’29er hardtails?’
    ‘no, guess again’
    ‘ah, full supsension 29ers then?’
    ‘no, you’re not very good at this are you?’
    ‘i know, i know’
    ‘go on then.
    ‘disc braked cross bikes?’
    ‘jackpot!’
    ‘have you got the phone number for that factory in China?’

RustySpanner

Spot on.

And the rear brake is in the wrong place.

If you’re going to do a disc cross/commuter/tourer/practical bicycle, people will want to put racks and mudguards on it.
    Why the hell shouldn’t they? It’s supposed to be an all rounder, isn’t it?
    So, separate rack and mudguard eyelets please, with the rear caliper between the rear stays, like on the Disc Trucker, Pinnacle, Sutra etc etc.

Maybe it’s not visible enough for the marketing people there?

Heptonstall’s looking nice though, isn’t it?

D0NK

Donk, You wearing Lusso bib knickers?

oooh cheeky! Nah was a cold day, knee warmers, bloody brilliant bit of kit, tho the new ones I have go from ‘sack’ to below calf so cover a bit more than just your knees.

I do have some lusso bib knickers tho, not bad, comfy, peeing is a right pain as they come up quite high and no zipper. Only wear them occasionally as I prefer normal shorts with warmers for backup. Mainly use them for long rides on sunny days, no waist band*, bit of extra sun protection in the day and keep the chill off a little when your getting really tired and temp starts to fall.

*doesn’t sound much but when you’ve had them on for a long time you notice little things, oh and on a similar vein make sure the seams are straight**, can chafe against back of your knee after a while.

**yes I am aware of how camp that sounds

cupra
    Free Member

I liked the newspaper headline when the bloke was drinking his tea. Other than that I’ll still my my orange salsa vaya 🙂

neilv
    Free Member

Orange do divide opinion don’t they 🙂

It’s not much of a secret: Bike Radar

It was also on one of the dealer stands at the London bike show and Orange have been showing it on their stands at trade shows forever.

As with any bike if you like it buy one if you don’t, don’t.

Personally I think there is a lot to admire about a company that is British, employs people in the UK and builds some of their bikes here. They also support racing and the general scene in the UK.

Many of the other British brands are even more paper thin (one designer and a warehouse). They also support their dealer network which is why their prices can appear high. If they sold direct they could easily drop significantly.

But I don’t think I will be buying one…..

spectabilis
    Free Member

Orange do divide opinion don’t they
    It’s not much of a secret: Bike Radar
    It was also on one of the dealer stands at the London bike show and Orange have been showing it on their stands at trade shows forever.
    As with any bike if you like it buy one if you don’t, don’t.
    Personally I think there is a lot to admire about a company that is British, employs people in the UK and builds some of their bikes here. They also support racing and the general scene in the UK.
    Many of the other British brands are even more paper thin (one designer and a warehouse). They also support their dealer network which is why their prices can appear high. If they sold direct they could easily drop significantly.

I admire the Orange brand for all these reasons although it is a bit of a shame these RX’s don’t get to see the Orange factory at all…..

saxabar
    Free Member

OK, well I’m in the market for a new cycle-to-work scheme commuter/pootling with the missus on the road/local riding in non-rocky areas of Snowdonia bike.

I was set on the Boardman CX at around £950. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn’t go for this? I haven’t tried either yet, so barring that bit is there anything on the Boardman that says deffo go with that?

Del

if you wait a bit the boardman will probably go on sale for 850, couple this with one of their other discounts, and/or get BC membership, and you can probably get it down to about 800. 😉

unovolo
    Free Member

Well I think it looks great and great fun too,I could be tempted if I wasnt already in the process of building a CX/Monstercross bike already.

Never owned a Orange but they seem like a decent brand,dont realy understand all the haters on here.

saxabar
    Free Member

if you wait a bit the boardman will probably go on sale for 850, couple this with one of their other discounts, and/or get BC membership, and you can probably get it down to about 800.

Any guestimates on how long? I must say, I’m very tempted by the Orange if I can find one on CTW! (Dealers: email in profile). In my defence I’m a happy long time Alpine 160 owner so have at least some rationale for wanting to buy an Orange CX bike.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘That new Orange 'Thing'’ is closed to new replies.