Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • That New Mavic Stuff
  • SaxonRider

Here. I quite like the look of some of it. Especially the helmet. That’s a real shape-changer.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Especially the helmet. That’s a real shape-changer

Hmmm reminds me of someone I know who used to wear a baseball cap under his helmet. It wasn’t a good look then either.

Kryton57

Interested in the Crossmax Light, but I’ve never been sure if UST works as well with “normal” – in my case Schwalble TLE – tubeless tyres.

Perhaps someone could be along in a moment to enlighten me.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Interested in the Crossmax Light, but I’ve never been sure if UST works as well with “normal” – in my case Schwalble TLE – tubeless tyres.

I always managed to run tubeless ready tyres on my Easton UST rims without issue.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Perhaps someone could be along in a moment to enlighten me.Works perfectly well with my XKing’s and Easton UST rims. As far as I can tell, UST rim and TR tyre works just like a normal TR setup but without the need to faff around with sticky tape.

frankconway

I’m with SaxonRider about the helmet – I like. And the Deemax – camo not necessary but ……why not?

DezB
    Free Member

UST rim is bestest for tubeless, no matter what tyres.

Helmet looks unusual, but would need to see it on a nut, to really judge.

Do like the XA Pro shoes, but ain’t ever paying £159 for em.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Like those shorts, and the hoody. Best of all, they’ve got rid of the Morrison’s logo.

matt_outandabout

I’m disappointed in my current Crossmax helmet. Very weak adjuster, that’s ripped out during a minor tumble (no helmet damage). Emails to Mavic have gone unanswered, about sourcing a replacement. It looks the same as the new one. It’s also very sweaty compared to my old Uvex.

That said, with new bearings youngest_oab has a set of 10 year old Crossmax XL wheels that are still going strong.

Kryton57

…without the need to faff around with sticky tape.

Thats not what the website says.

Off my list now, mainly due to the fact that the 3 retailers websites I’ve listed don’t specific the axle sizes but do tell you that the size you might need are purchased separately – FFS!

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely don’t need tape with Mavic wheels

Look like something bikerfox would wear

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘That New Mavic Stuff’ is closed to new replies.