Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • That Moto G mobile that was much trumpeted on here
  • traildog
    Free Member

that’s another thing, a long press on the power button no longer shows me the option screen to change between silent/vibrate/ringer,

No, you use the volume switch. There is a do not disturb mode and a priority mode which allows only certain people to call you.

Go into the storage in settings and clear something down. You probably have tonnes of downloads in there which you know nothing about. The cache is always worth clearing when going to Lollipop as well.

miketually
    Free Member

Oh I’ve removed the FB app and access via website instead as the memory use by FB was 90% a lot of the time

I’ve done this on my Galaxy Nexus (bookmarked the m.Facebook.com site and such a shortcut on my home screen) and my phone runs loads better (also means I don’t need the Messenger app).

cp

I’ve also given up on the facebook app now regardless of device (windows phone/android). the web interface is much faster and as mentioned, you don’t get the faff of two apps for messaging and the resource-hungriness of facebook apps.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Go into the storage in settings and clear something down. You probably have tonnes of downloads in there which you know nothing about. The cache is always worth clearing when going to Lollipop as well.

Another ‘gotcha’ I’ve found is that it doesn’t always delete thumbnails when you remove photos you’ve taken. (Maybe due to how you delete them?) I’ve had storage issues on devices before and on investigation found several gig of old data.

cinnamon_girl

May I say thanks to those who’ve shared their wisdom. 8) Did the complete reset, downloaded the update and now actually have a signal. Just need to work out why Bluetooth isn’t being recognised in the car.

nixie

Just need to work out why Bluetooth isn’t being recognised in the car.

Good luck with that. Seems to be lots of issues with BT and Lollipop. I’ve seen lots of threads complaining that post lollipop upgrade their phone no longer connects to the car (for lots of different manufacturers/handsets).

cinnamon_girl

Thanks nixie, not what I want to hear!! My old Nokia used to work perfectly.

smokey_jo

Had to delete my phone from the car stereo settings and re-pair it after lollipop update.

Also default bluetooth state was off after lollipop update

Cougar

Had to delete my phone from the car stereo settings and re-pair it after lollipop update.

Probably the same after a factory reset as well, CG.

cinnamon_girl

This phone has never worked with the car stereo! I’ll need to again RTFM. Thanks Cougar.

cinnamon_girl

Latest update … losing signal again, regardless of location. Complained to 02 that I paid £100, it’s one month out of guarantee and they just tell me to get it repaired. Escalated complaint, same old same old. Told them that after 15 years as their customer I’m going elsewhere.

Utter pita. 😐

Cougar

How old is it?

cinnamon_girl

Cougar – it’s 13 months old, annoyingly if I’d paid attention to the loss of signal sooner then it would have been within the guarantee period of 1 year.

Edit: apologies for sounding grumpy. 😳

Another edit: I knew nothing about the problem with these and the update until I Googled. Obviously I don’t exist in the tech world!! I’d bought it from 02, just annoyed that there wasn’t a product announcement thingy.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘That Moto G mobile that was much trumpeted on here’ is closed to new replies.