• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by boblo.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • That moment when you manage to grind your expensive alloys off the kerb…….
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

When parking..

And take a massive chunk out of your tyre sidewall.

Barely touched it, but school boy error all the same

A very expensive start to the day me thinks

🙁

hilldodger
    Free Member

S’only a car 😆

jekkyl

[video]http://youtu.be/yJxCdh1Ps48[/video]http://youtu.be/yJxCdh1Ps48

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Not really a problem, is it? Getting wound up about a few scratches is all a bit odd if you ask me. I mean they’re still better than cheap steels from Halfords, aren’t they?
    Some people.

carlos
    Free Member

At least you did your own. My wife did mine!!

scaredypants

one of my (cheap) alloys is quite badly kerbed

I assume it’s me, since my wife won’t drive the car (though I’ve never quite worked out why … 👿 )

boblo
    Free Member

Of course it’s a problem, some people care about their stuff particularly large capital purchases. It doesn’t hurt to look after things as you’ll more than likely get more for them when you sell on.

How about trashing your best bike? ‘It’s just a pushbike…’

Tiger6791

At least you can now sell that bike to pay for it 😀

You’d written the money off so ‘less pain’

bikebouy
    Free Member

#londonsgranitekerbs

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not botherered about the scuffs, more the damaged tyre…160 quid to replace and I assume its better to replace both at the same time.

Will take up to garage to see if the tyre is goosed, no wire showing so it may just be superficial (although do tyres have a wire carcass nowadays?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cant you get special tyres with extra side wall protection for people who cant park?

keng38
    Free Member

“Alloy gators”

That is all

bearnecessities

I assume its better to replace both at the same time.

Quite. Who would want non-matching tyres now? 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Quite. Who would want non-matching tyres now?

I used to race with mismatched tyres and it wasn’t an issue. I don’t see why it should be an issue for anyone else.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Barely touched it, but school boy error all the same

well most drivers don’t even admit it’s an error when they hit something, so well done for that…..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Before you splash out on a new tyre, get it checked out by a REPUTABLE local tyre fitter (not one of the big chains) and see if its toast or not.

bencooper
    Free Member

. It doesn’t hurt to look after things as you’ll more than likely get more for them when you sell on.

I don’t understand this philosophy – I buy something for me to use, not for me to look after for some hypothetical new owner in the future. If I did that, it’s like it’s not mine, I’m just looking after it for someone else.

This might explain why our car is covered in scuffs and dings, and we’re going to keep it until it falls apart.

hilldodger
    Free Member

…. It doesn’t hurt to look after things

Wouldn’t really class driving into an immobile item of street furniture as “looking after things” – OP has twatted their car by poor driving skills, not been the victim of some random act of unforseen damage

M6TTF
    Free Member

Not really a problem, is it? Getting wound up about a few scratches is all a bit odd if you ask me. I mean they’re still better than cheap steels from Halfords, aren’t they?
    Some people.

It’s not a problem, but it’s damn annoying.

Marge
    Free Member

If you’ve only cut a section out of the tyres rim protector it will be purely cosmetic

Got a photo?

boblo
    Free Member

…. It doesn’t hurt to look after things

Was in response to this not a commentary on the OP’s driving. It’s very easily done.

Not really a problem, is it? Getting wound up about a few scratches is all a bit odd if you ask me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘That moment when you manage to grind your expensive alloys off the kerb…….’ is closed to new replies.