Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • That loudmouth that seems to everywhere you are on holiday
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

In the case of this week it’s the squeaky voiced Yorkshire woman who behaves like she’s ten and can only talk about herself. No matter where we end up she’ll be there with her two male fans, location obvious by the noise as soon as you enter any room.

That’s all really.

*wrong forum doh!

jon1973
    Free Member

yes, people like that really respond well to that sort of interaction 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Complain of tinnitus?

jimjam
    Free Member

In St. Lucia it was a pair of obese americans who’d been to that same resort every year for 30 years. They went there first on honeymoon and liked it so much they went back every year. He was in construction, they just loved the staff and for them, it was like a second home. They had such a good relationship with the staff and the resort how could they go anywhere else? …………and so on, and so on…..I never actually spoke to them, we could just hear them everywhere.

Their beach attire was a pair of matching moo moos.

jon1973
    Free Member

I hate ‘resort’ holidays exactly for this reason.

slowoldman

Oh I think I came across those two mercans in a supermarche in Chamonix. “Mary your chocolates are over here” bellowed loudly across the store.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve never been on a summer package or resort holiday… can’t imagine anything worse.

Been on a few for skiing but that’s usually a different kind of clientele, though you still get the odd dickhead.

jimjam
    Free Member

jon1973

I hate ‘resort’ holidays exactly for this reason.

globalti
    I’ve never been on a summer package or resort holiday… can’t imagine anything worse.

Definitely not my style either. In fairness, it was only because they kept going to the same beach bar as us, and the beach was empty, so when yer man had had a few cocktails he couldn’t keep his voice down and I had to listen to him. Hundreds of feet away. There was 800 odd acres or something to get away from them, and we regularly did. But when we went back to that that bar, sure enough, there they were again.

mogrim

Really? What a limited imagination. They’re fine if you’re going with smallish kids – there’s usually a holiday club, lots of other kids their age, safe enclosed area to give them a bit of pseudo-freedom, the food’s OK and if there’s a buffet you can let them loose on the free ice cream which is always amusing.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve never been on

can’t imagine anything worse

So you speak from your vast experience then…

codybrennan
    Free Member

In the case of this week it’s the squeaky voiced Yorkshire woman who behaves like she’s ten and can only talk about herself.

Perhaps you shouldn’t have married her, GD?

😉

jon1973
    Free Member

So you speak from your vast experience then…

I don’t think you necessarily have to directly experience something to know that you wouldn’t like it.

slowoldman

Been on a few for skiing but that’s usually a different kind of clientele, though you still get the odd dickhead.

Only the odd one? You’ve been lucky, or… you ARE that dickhead so you haven’t noticed. 🙂

bruneep

gofasterstripes – Member
    Complain of tinnitus?

How would that help exactly?

I take it you don’t suffer from tinnitus?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I mean, say you have an unbearable noise that is triggered by her voice. Yeah I’ve had it, not trying to cause offence.

binners

It can sometimes get a bit rowdy when we go on our annual pilgrimage to the Northern Riviera

globalti
    Free Member

Why the heck would I want to spend two weeks stuck in a resort with hundreds of nauseating sweaty towerists when I could be, er, swatting midges, camping in a Scottish glen? Seriously though, staying in the same place for two weeks must be as dull as going round and round a trail centre on a bicycle… when there’s a huge world just waiting for you to discover.

Lifer
    Free Member

So scared now, thanks binners!

rumple
    Free Member

those people that cheer when the plane lands? please proceed to f off.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Really? What a limited imagination. They’re fine if you’re going with smallish kids – there’s usually a holiday club, lots of other kids their age, safe enclosed area to give them a bit of pseudo-freedom, the food’s OK and if there’s a buffet you can let them loose on the free ice cream which is always amusing.

I dunno, I suspect if the drvine comedy was written today it’d include all inclusive hollidays.

The nicest thing I could say about it was, it reminded me of being a student in halls, except without the fun and there wasn’t a view of the peak district from the window, and I didn’t have any bike/boat/personal space.

Middle class people who think it’s only the working class who are irritating when they’re rowdy drunks?

Keva
    Free Member

crikey Binners the pics in your link are like something from a horror movie. I might get a warning now for incorrect use of the internet whilst at work 😯

Shackleton

Jeebus f’in hell Binners! They are terrifying! Looking at the ones you didn’t post (and I can see why) it appears that all the zombies in the world decided to get married.

You are a brave man to take those photos, how many times have you been hit?

Some excellent street photography though, why have you never posted them on the photography thread?

I think I’ll have a better look when I’m not at work though……………

MrWoppit
    Free Member

But when we went back to that that bar, sure enough, there they were again.

… and yet you kept going back there…

eskay

They are usually Americans or Cockneys (in my experience).

johndoh
    Free Member

I don’t think you necessarily have to directly experience something to know that you wouldn’t like it.

Really? Have you never done something and fully expected to dislike it but ended up enjoying it? Never?

john_drummer
    Free Member

has anyone on here seen the TV series “Benidorm” ?

duckman

I assume that is Hora with his back turned in the second pic?

mogrim

I dunno, I suspect if the drvine comedy was written today it’d include all inclusive hollidays.

🙂

They don’t actually lock you in the hotel, they let you out during the day… It’s not what I’d do if it were just me and the wife, but with small kids they’re great.

scuttler

@binners

When that photo montage came up on the Blackpool thread a few months back it was etched in my mind for ages and I reckon it had just about disappeared. If my kids ever mither me to go to the Pleasure Beach or The Lights I’ll show em that.

It’s a class bit of photo journalism though from safely up in my John Lewis furnished ivory tower. For the curious – Stags, Hens and Bunnies – A Blackpool Story NSFW

jimjam
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

But when we went back to that that bar, sure enough, there they were again.

… and yet you kept going back there…

Yes. Apart from the big yanks in their Moo Moos it was otherwise deserted so we had two cocktail waitresses and a chef to ourselves. It just happened to be at the bottom of the mountain bike trails too 🙂

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

@shackleton – That’s not Binners, it’s this guy

http://www.dougiewallace.com/18829/about/

No disrespect to Binners, as he’s a talented designer in his own right.

However, in case you think that Blackpool gets shown in a bad light, I can most definitely confirm that it’s no better in real life. I live near there, and occasionally wander in. Just avoid, trust me.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I get the horrible feeling that all those pics were just taken on one weekend. Nasty.

theotherjonv

Mate story but – he was on an all inclusive in Turkey last year that was being constantly ruined by a group of loud scousers (it is relevant). But rather than make a fuss he thought he’d try to speak nicely to them and see if they’d tone it down a bit.

So he was talking to one young lady and conversation went over to the subject of jobs, at which she announced that she was a trainee barrister. Which did seem slightly at odds with her demeanour and group of friends but you never can tell a book from its cover. So he continued along the lines of that he thought you trained first as a solicitor and then became a barrister, and what law school was she at?

“Law school? [you have to do the voice here, hence the fact that scouse was relevant] Are you taking the piss, mate? I’m not at school, i work for Costa!”

Ah, a Barista.

He’s still not sure how he escaped that one intact…..

Rockape63
    Free Member

I think with AI hols you get what you pay for. If you are at the cheap end, you get the football shirt brigade with out of control kids. However, up the budget somewhat and you get some fab hotels with lots of very nice friendly people.

Its certainly worked for us over the years with 3 kids in tow. I don’t recall ever thinking we had made a mistake. Not going back to the same place too many times keeps it fresh.

retro83
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member

Mate story but – he was on an all inclusive in Turkey last year that was being constantly ruined by a group of loud scousers (it is relevant). But rather than make a fuss he thought he’d try to speak nicely to them and see if they’d tone it down a bit.

So he was talking to one young lady and conversation went over to the subject of jobs, at which she announced that she was a trainee barrister. Which did seem slightly at odds with her demeanour and group of friends but you never can tell a book from its cover. So he continued along the lines of that he thought you trained first as a solicitor and then became a barrister, and what law school was she at?

“Law school? [you have to do the voice here, hence the fact that scouse was relevant] Are you taking the piss, mate? I’m not at school, i work for Costa!”

Ah, a Barista.

😆

trailofdestruction – Member

@shackleton – That’s not Binners, it’s this guy

http://www.dougiewallace.com/18829/about/

No disrespect to Binners, as he’s a talented designer in his own right.

However, in case you think that Blackpool gets shown in a bad light, I can most definitely confirm that it’s no better in real life. I live near there, and occasionally wander in. Just avoid, trust me.

😯

freeagent
    Free Member

They are usually Americans or Cockneys (in my experience).

In my experience they are usually Northerners (often Scousers or Geordies)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

At 1600m and with the surrounding landscape covered in 1m of snow there aren’t many places we can escape sadly. And echo above, other than our good friend the Yorkshire foghorn the only other people we know everything about despite not having any direct contact with are the cockneys!

BoardinBob

Had one of them in Morzine last year. Every day circa 3pm Charlie Big Potatoes strolls into Le Cottage bar. If you’d been to Tenerife, he’d been to Elevenerife. Absolute helmet. Not a patch on

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298Q-1D_juo[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A Norwegian girl I know has just told me that English people, even when being horribly offensive are generally charming & funny.

Erm….

mt
    Free Member

The person in the room you like the least is the one that’s most like you.
    Now that’s not always true but it often is.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘That loudmouth that seems to everywhere you are on holiday’ is closed to new replies.