Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • That London place …
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

I’ll now conceed does have a few things going for it – they even had a few sheep to make a girl from Wales feel at home 🙂 and I loved the square with a statue of Samuel Johnson’s cat.

Thanks Mr Elfinsafety!

molgrips
    Free Member

It does!

I hate big cities in general, but if you have to be in one then for me it’s London. Exponentially more going on than other cities, and I love the fact that you are living in history wherever you go.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You’ll now what?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

they even had a few sheep to make a girl from Wales feel at home

And presumably the boys from Wales too.

Where the **** are there sheep in London ?

simon_g
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😀

Let me take you by the ‘aynd…

‘Big Domey Thing’; think it might be a mosque or something possibly Sue:

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well **** me, the east of London has become a right posh place now. What with all them wealthy yuppie types, now sheep grazing nonchalantly, next they’ll be playing cricket on the green and eating sandwiches with cucumber in them. No wonder you like so much there Elfie, you posh git.

Junkyard
    Free Member

cardiff /edinburgh is nicer as they have most that a big city has to offer but they are actually near proper countryside

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fair point JY, but neither are anywhere near as complex, diverse and fascinating as That London. Me, I love urban spaces and cities. Countryside and that comes second. For others, it’s the other way round, but y’know, variety is the spice of life and that.

Took us well over an hour to walk about a mile from one pub to the next. Just looking at interesting stuff. So much to see in such a small area. And for anyone who’s not really explored London, the amount of really quite peaceful little spots in amongst the chaos is surprising.

I love it, me. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

cardiff /edinburgh is nicer as they have most that a big city has to offer

Not ime. At least not with Cardiff. It has lots of stuff for a city its size, but it’s nothing like London. Nothing at all. There’s a handful of places to go and do stuff, eat, drink, and so on – you’ll find your favourites and that’ll be it. In London you could go to a different restaurant every night for years and then when you’d done them all new ones would have opened up 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘That London place …’ is closed to new replies.