Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • That lefty Ti truss fork on the front page
  • qwerty
    Free Member

😯 😛

Shoulda been a GT!

bencooper
    Free Member

That is beautiful.

(Adds to the “things to build one day” list”)

thepodge
    Free Member

Thats what the new Zaskar should have looked like.

My highly scientific “put a ruler on the screen” measuring system wonders why they have a bent seat tube when there looks to be enough room to straighten it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    uphillcursing
    Free Member

I would be proud to mince around on that.I have no doubt that funds would not be made available and am therefore saved the heartache of scratching one.

tang
    Free Member

GT should have redone the Xizang like that! It is a beautiful bike. I love it that people are still doing ace things with ti (not a carbon hater btw, I like it all).

zinaru
    Free Member

a gt, a jones and a cannondale have a ménage à trois

Northwind

I like all the bits but put it all together and it’s orrible imo. Front-endy, too many clashing angles, mix of curves and straights- the seat tube really hurts that, having the downtube less slopey than the seatstays is weird too. The sticky out fork and short stem clashes too. It’s like there’s 3 different bikes that’s been mashed into one.

theflatboy
    Free Member

thepodge – Member
    Thats what the new Zaskar should have looked like.

My highly scientific “put a ruler on the screen” measuring system wonders why they have a bent seat tube when there looks to be enough room to straighten it

Same thing with the bent down tube when using that fork, though obviously I can see why they don’t have two versions. Shame, as bent downtubes are a hideous necessary evil these days.

Rik
    Free Member

Wonder how much that fork is going to cost!

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s perhaps the most revolting piece of STW specific nichery I’ve ever seen. It hurts my eyes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m guessing it keeps the seatube away from the chainstay’s around the BB, looks like the NDS in particular comes in high to give more mud clearance? Or maybe those are 2.4″ 650b tyres, and it’s designed for ~2.2″ 29er tyres?

That and, surely that fork can’t bend? What is it with ruining the looks of rigid bikes with ‘suspension corrected’ geometry? If I’m going to spend that much on a bike:
    a) I know what I want
    b) I probably have another hardtail/FS bike with suspension.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘That lefty Ti truss fork on the front page’ is closed to new replies.