Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • *That* LBS thread. Let's give the good ones a shout
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Following on from that LBS thread (http://singletrackworld.com/2016/03/10-ways-to-be-a-dick-in-your-local-bike-shop/) I wanted to say good things about my local bike shops.

TAV Cycles in Ryde (http://www.tavcycles.co.uk) and Wight Mountain in Newport (http://www.wightmountain.com) – both on the Isle of Wight – are awesome and deserve your trade. Both have great staff, great stock and run regular evening rides.

I should add, I totally agree with the sentiment of the article, even if I am occasionally a dick. 😳

fd3chris
    Free Member

Trek store Milton Keynes. Great guys and good service.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Kontour Cycles in Polegate

Evolution Cycles in Eastbourne

johnnystorm

C6 Bikes just outside of Cambridge. Friendly staff and a good place to just drop in and have a browse. Weekly rides at Thetford too. Shame I’m not more local…

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

JE James.. Fantastic as an LBS.

Really helpful, non-pushy staff who just let you get on with it, but give great help and advice when you actually need it -plus they always have tonnes of stock!

ransos
    Free Member

BW Cycling, Bristol. Fantastic service & owned by Oli Beckingsale.

olly2097
    Free Member

Bikeworks in oswestry has been good to me. Adam is helpful and knowledgeable.

Bikeworksoswestry.co.uk

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Life on Wheels in Holywell North Wales. My LBS and top guys.
    The bike shop at coed Llandegla, One Planet Adventure. Again, they often go above and beyond to help riders out.

cokie

The Missing Link, Droitwich
    Banjo Cycles, Newbury
    Specialized Concept Store, Newbury

Fantastic service from the guys and girls above.

weeksy

Rotec Cycles in Reading, open till 8pm+ most evenings… Great bloke and knows his stuff.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Overspoke in Bewdley – have known Mark turn up super early in the morning so I could pick up something I needed to be able to ride that day with. Always above and beyond.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Kmb in Keswick and cyclewise were my locals and great shops.
    Ride on in Rawtenstall
    Sprung in Launceston Tasmania
    Planet bike in Rotorua
    My mountain and I ride in Melbourne
    Jan’s mountain in Park city utah
    Moab classic bikes in moab.

Tend to find good shops wherever I travel. Just follow rule one. Don’t be a dick

ferrals
    Free Member

Lodge Cycles in Briton Ferry (actally moved to Cwmafan I think) are really good for mtb maintenance/repairs that are beyond me. Worth remembering if you’re visiting Afan and have an issue.

For cx stuff tend to go to Urban Cyclerly in Gorseinon. Really friendly and helpful.

sandwicheater

Sowerby Brothers Cycles in Mirfield.

Top lads.

mechanicaldope

Any near North Birmingham? Would live to find a decent one round here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stonehenge Cycles, Salisbury.

Great people, great shop. Enough bling to drool over, while still fixing the puncture on Mrs Miggins’ old Raleigh. A proper bike shop.

theotherjonv

East Street Farnham.

Good advice, happy to order stuff for you, decent mechanic / security advisor 😉

wicki
    Free Member

Wheels in motion Holyrood street chard sommerset

Andy owns it is the mech and knows his stuff restores a lot of old bikes and has a mass of knowledge. If you read this Andy I am still in France m8.

Northwind

Icycles in inners for me, I take Steve all my pain in the arse stuff because everything that’s not a pain in the arse, I do myself. uh, you don’t necessarily get the most rapid or efficient of turnarounds and you do need to spend 30 minutes in the shop talking pish before you can get to business. But that’s just the deal.

Just Bike Repairs in Juniper Green are my actual local and they’re grand too- proper enthusiasts repair shop, place is always full of destroyed kids bikes and billion pound carbon fibre race weapons and they’ll do just about anything to get you going again. The sort of place you can run in and go “ZOMFG my wheel’s knackered and I’ll off to the alps in 4 hours”.

Rosss
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes Newport
    Leisure Lakes Wolverhampton
    Swinnerton Cycles, Cannock Chase
    Two Wheels Only, Tamworth
    Unit Cycles, Newquay

All have great staff and plenty to look at in store

RustySpanner

only tend to use Cooksons in Whitefield, Ride On in Rawtenstall or Spa in Harrogate.

All excellent.

gonzy
    Free Member

+1 for Ride-On in Rawtenstall…been a customer of theirs since they first opened in 1996. great set of guys and Craig is one of the most honest and down to earth guys you could meet. only shop i would trust with my bike.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sunset Cardiff – I’ve been bothering them with my inane questions and such for 10 years now and they haven’t thrown me out yet. Always friendly, never snobby or elitist even when I was utterly, utterly clueless.

Craig the guy in the workshop has fixed my stuff after hours, fixed my cock-ups and built endless wheels for me that have never failed, not once, despite the fact I’m fat and cack-handed on a bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rotec Cycles in Reading, open till 8pm+ most evenings… Great bloke and knows his stuff.

+1

Great little shop. Reminds me I owe him some beer for doing a job.

Action Bikes in the town center is also pretty good for cheaper bits to keep singlespeeds going etc.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Crank Cycles, Alton

Tamed Earth, Hindhead

brooess
    Free Member

Condor are excellent – the service is very good – they’re very knowledgeable

Also Brixton Cycles, simply for being legends 🙂

iainc

surely this one !

Keith at Mugdock pretending sanny is acting out of normal character 🙂

thenorthwind

open till 8pm+ most evenings

Don’t understand why more bike shops (and other small businesses) don’t do this more often, at least one evening a week, or til say 6? Not everyone works 9-5 but a lot of people do and being able to go after or on the way home from work makes it a lot more likely I’ll use them.

onandon
    Free Member

Pedal on aren’t local to me but I’ll happily make the trip as they are a good bunch of people and offer nice coffee.
    Good range of stock and know their stuff. Very helpful and nice people, which is get are rare in all shops.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not everyone works 9-5 but a lot of people do and being able to go after or on the way home from work makes it a lot more likely I’ll use them.

Possibly that most people say that in the same way as they will eat healthy, exercise more and drink less next week 😉

jekkyl

There are plethora of bike shops around Stoke, a couple are nationally famous and make their own stuff. I’m going to nominate the Velo store in Stone. The lads in there are excellent and always given me a great service.

pickle
    Free Member

My local in Aylesbury Buckingham Bikes are superb, always friendly and great service.

http://www.buckinghambikes.com/

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Possibly that most people say that in the same way as they will eat healthy, exercise more and drink less next week

Possibly this, but also if you opened at 7 in the morning to catch commuters on their way in, and then open till 8 in the evening, you’re at work for 13 hours, LBS owners need a life too!

Denis99
    Free Member

Skyline Cycles at Glyncorrwg.

northernmatt

Cycleworld in Sunderland for road/CX stuff and Cycleworld in Chester le St for mountain bikes.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Possibly this, but also if you opened at 7 in the morning to catch commuters on their way in, and then open till 8 in the evening, you’re at work for 13 hours, LBS owners need a life too!

I always figured if I opened a shop targeting commuters I’d do this. Obviously it’d require two people shifts tho.

IHN

Independent Bikeworks (or is it Cycleworks) in Cirencester.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Pearson East Sheen, Bicycle in Richmond

dufusdip
    Free Member

Stirling Cycles

Nice to see that their friendly and helpful service is winning and they’ve recently moved to larger premises. A good helpful and knowledgeable team of guys.

Sanny
    Free Member

Bothy Bikes

Biketreks

Ghyllside Cycles

Dales

Bikelove

Mugdock Country Cycles

Escape Route

Wheelcraft

West End Cycles

ICycles

All are excellent! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘*That* LBS thread. Let's give the good ones a shout’ is closed to new replies.