Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • That Kindle thing, any good,
  • project
    Free Member

as above

masonmarxx
    Free Member

kindle since christmas. love it! i used to carry about 3-4 books with me everywhere as i wasnt decided on which one to read at which time, made it so much easier with the kindle 🙂 a lot of discounted books but you will find some books still at RRP. definately rate it though 🙂

wooobob

They are great – having bought a tablet and used the Kindle app on it a bit with the backlight down low, I think that the actual Kindle device, without the backlit screen, is brill. Much better than the (for me) slight eye strain from the lcd. Virtual ink or whatever it’s called – clever stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fab. One of those perfect bits of technology. It’s cheap, simple, does its job extremely well and is completely reliable.

I’ve never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

Top tip though – get the offical case. The Amazon ones are much nicer than any of the third party ones, and the one with the light is far better than faffing about with clip on stuff if you want to read in bed after your partner has gone to sleep. Expenisve but worth it imo.

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, great little devices.
    Do I ever use the 3G or keyboard? Nah, I did when when I first got it but not for the last few months. Battery life with wireless turned off is superb!

uplink
    Free Member

Can’t really go wrong with a Kindle, nothing comes close to that mono screen for reading this side of a book

my initial negative point was not being able to read it in the bath, which I do a lot but in the end I just did it and a year or so down the line it’s fine

I bought a ‘non official’ case for mine and it’s – well… a case that doesn’t cause any issues and protects it

molgrips
    Free Member

I do use 3G, but then I often find myself out and about wanting a new book or to look something up on wikipedia I’ve just read about, that kind of thing.

project
    Free Member

Does the 3g version work the same as a laptop, eg internet access etc, and theres the new Kindle Fire, not yet available here yet.

Think i will try one in Tesco.

druidh
    Free Member

There’s a basic browser built in to the Kindle and you can use it with he 3G or WiFi connection. The 3G is through Vodafone and is available without subscription (it’s costed in the buying price already).

My wife is a complete technophobe and loves the Kindle.

Kevevs
    Free Member

My mam loves her Kindle. Nice n simple, one of those things that just work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘That Kindle thing, any good,’ is closed to new replies.